Hours question

I did a 6 day week last week.

I have been asked to work tomorrow (monday) and i think that i will be booked up until saturday, will I not be able to work saturday because itll be 2 6 day weeks on the trot? Or can i not do tomorrow due to rest periods?

Or can it no be done due to rest periods

getting really confused by these regs in honesty. I know i need to compensate for last week? Some help will be great appricated as i want to make sure Im doing it right

Just to let you know i finished at 6:30PM yesterday if that is of any help.

Sorry if this is confusing but im unsure how to word it all.

Cheers
Kev

drummerkev:

I have been asked to work tomorrow (monday) and i think that i will be booked up until saturday, will I not be able to work saturday because itll be 2 6 day weeks on the trot? Or can i not do tomorrow due to rest periods?

getting really confused by these regs in honesty. I know i need to compensate for last week? Some help will be great appricated as i want to make sure Im doing it right

Cheers
Kev

You do not need to compensate for last week yet, that comes after the end of the 3rd week that you took the reduction.

One thing that can catch you out is the 90 hour driving fortnight when you do a lot of 6 day shifts. 56 hours maximum per week

To ensure you definaty stay legal Kev! Only work every other Saturday and you will stay within the regs! :wink:
Are you agency or fulltime?

you can work 6 days next week, but you must have a full weekly rest after it, so, you would not be able to work the monday after (if i have read it right)

drummerkev:

If your work schedule went like this then it is possible to be legal if you take a reduced this and next weekend …

mon 31st dec to sun 6th jan = full weekly rest (for the fixed week 31st to 6th) if you had mon 31st and tue 1st off
Worked wed 2nd to fri 4th
sat 5th & sun 6th off = full weekly rest (for the fixed week 7th to 13th)
worked mon 7th to sat 12th
sun 13th off = reduced weekly rest (A)
work mon 14th to sat 19th
sun 20th off = reduced weekly rest (B)
work mon 21st to fri 25th
sat 26th & sun 27th off = full weekly rest (for the fixed week 21st to 27th)

Either (A) or (B) can be used as the reduced weekly rest for the fixed week 14th to 20th and whichever is not used does not need compensating for

Think I got the dates right but it does depend on what you did during the XMAS/new year period

i was under the impression ( will have to dig it out!) that you need to make up a reduced rest by the end of the following week under the current rules not at the end of the 3rd??

so imo mon - sat 1 week

mon - fri the next!

drummerkev:

Cheers
Kev

You haven’t said what weekly rest you’ve had this weekend but assuming that you will not have had 45 hours of by the time you start work Monday, and assuming that you started this week after a regular 45 hour weekly rest period, you can legally work the six shifts but will need to have at-least 45 hours of next weekend.

war1974:
i was under the impression ( will have to dig it out!) that you need to make up a reduced rest by the end of the following week under the current rules not at the end of the 3rd??

so imo mon - sat 1 week

mon - fri the next!

It makes it easier to manage that way.

But the regs say it must be made up by the end of the 3rd week

war1974:

so imo mon - sat 1 week

mon - fri the next!

Reduced weekly rest periods have to be compensated for by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

dessy:
To ensure you definaty stay legal Kev! Only work every other Saturday and you will stay within the regs! :wink:
Are you agency or fulltime?

I am agency at the time but working towards full time hopefully only 6 weeks now before im offered a contract. Hence why i want to work as much as possible to show willing etc.

Normally thats what I would stick too, every other one if I was asked.

My normal working week is TUES to SAT its the monday that is overtime.

tachograph:

drummerkev:

Cheers
Kev

You haven’t said what weekly rest you’ve had this weekend but assuming that you will not have had 45 hours of by the time you start work Monday, and assuming that you started this week after a regular 45 hour weekly rest period, you can legally work the six shifts but will need to have at-least 45 hours of next weekend.

MY rest period THIS weekend is going to be 35 hours if my maths are correct. as i finished at 7pm last night and am wanted back in at 6am tomorrow.

Last saturday i worked until about 5 BUT my tacho wasnt used as i was working as a drivers mate but i think they still upload hours via a TMS system… lets say 6 to be on the safe side and then was back in as a driver at 7am monday morning. so thats 36 hours rest.

Can anyone recommend a decent book to read up on this or anywhere online?

Could anyone give me and example of say 4 weeks of work with reduced weekly rests etc and compensation. but REALLY dumb it down! Hahaha! Im not exactly great at this sort of stuff!

Would be apprciated

Cheers

Can you post what days you have worked and what weekly rest periods you have taken since xmas day please ?

ROG:
Can you post what days you have worked and what weekly rest periods you have taken since xmas day please ?

25th Off
26th off
27th off
28th off
29th off
30th off
31st off
1st off
2nd start 7:15 finished around 4
3rd Off
4th Off
5th 7am start finished around 6pm
6th off
7th 6am start 4pm finish
8th 7am start 4pm finish
9th 7am start 6pm finish
10th 6am start 7pm finish
11th 7:30am start 7pm finish
12th 7am start 6:30 finish
13th Off

Regular pattern is normally

6am OR 7am start and finish anywhere between 4pm and 8pm. Thats tuesday through saturday. On monday you normally only do around 6 hours work starting at either 6 or 7

Hope that helps.

drummerkev:
MY rest period THIS weekend is going to be 35 hours if my maths are correct. as i finished at 7pm last night and am wanted back in at 6am tomorrow.

Last saturday i worked until about 5 BUT my tacho wasnt used as i was working as a drivers mate but i think they still upload hours via a TMS system… lets say 6 to be on the safe side and then was back in as a driver at 7am monday morning. so thats 36 hours rest.

Can anyone recommend a decent book to read up on this or anywhere online?

Could anyone give me and example of say 4 weeks of work with reduced weekly rests etc and compensation. but REALLY dumb it down! Hahaha! Im not exactly great at this sort of stuff!

Would be apprciated

Cheers

Just checking a couple of your old posts it looks like you was off work from the 30th December to the 3rd January ?

If that’s correct you had a regular weekly rest period for the week ending on the 6th, and a reduced weekly rest period for the week ending today at midnight, you can legally work from tomorrow until the same time next Sunday but must then have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period.

You posted as I was typing, you worked the 2nd but it makes no difference, you can still legally work 6 days starting tomorrow and then have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period :wink: