Hours question!

When using a ferry break - if you drive say 45 mins off ferry to parking, which shift does the driving get added to ■■ Or does it not count atall ■■

turnip:
When using a ferry break - if you drive say 45 mins off ferry to parking, which shift does the driving get added to ■■ Or does it not count atall ■■

When you say “ferry break” I assume you mean an interrupted daily rest period ?

If that’s the case then you’re interrupting a daily rest period so I would say the driving/work which can total no more than one hour has to belong to the same shift the daily rest period belongs to ie- the shift you’ve almost finished.

Makes sense !
Just want to be sure. Big day ahead. Thanks.

If you interrupt a rest period by going onto or off a ferry then that driving time gets added to the weekly total but not any daily total

There was something on this subject on here a short while ago and it referred to an EU ruling which stated the above

I found the sticky on this - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=87991 :smiley:

ROG:
If you interrupt a rest period by going onto or off a ferry then that driving time gets added to the weekly total but not any daily total

There was something on this subject on here a short while ago and it referred to an EU ruling which stated the above

As far as I’m aware no-one has yet found a link to the court case mentioned by Tachodisc let alone any EU ruling, so perhaps you could provide the link to either the court case or the EU ruling ROG.

As far as I can see there has been no court ruling or EU ruling on this subject though I’ll wait to be corrected.

The topic was discussed here and as far as I can see the general consensus is that this should be treated with extreme caution.

Why the post ROG linked to has been stickied without the rest of the thread that seems to clarify the situation I’m not sure, but I think it was copied to the law forum before the discussion threw doubt on the article :confused:

Personally I’ll play safe and stick with my original reply.