Hours question

I proabably should know this but I’ll ask anyway :blush:
If I drove for 3 hours aand 3 minutes then had a 45 min break, drove another 1 hour 25 minutes had 3 and a half hours POA then drove for 4 hours 22 minutes is that legal to do :question:

DAF95XF:
I proabably should know this but I’ll ask anyway :blush:
If I drove for 3 hours aand 3 minutes then had a 45 min break, drove another 1 hour 25 minutes had 3 and a half hours POA then drove for 4 hours 22 minutes is that legal to do :question:

No cos you have wiped the slate clean by having a 45 after 3hr 3mins driving, so you have driven 5hrs 47mins without a break, you should of had a 15min instead of the 45min and then had a 30min break after the 1hr 25min driving, that would of been legal.

you are correct, you SHOULD know this :unamused:

but the answer is no, if you had taken a second 45 min break within the 3 hours POA, then it would have been legal

as Bubsy said, you started again after the first 45 min break after the 3 hour and 3 mins drive

shuttlespanker:
you are correct, you SHOULD know this :unamused:

but the answer is no, if you had taken a second 45 min break within the 3 hours POA, then it would have been legal

as Bubsy said, you started again after the first 45 min break after the 3 hour and 3 mins drive

Oh crap, thats an infringement then :blush:
Doesnt the first 45 minutes of a POA count as a break on a digi tacho, it didnt start telling me on the dash that I was at 4 hour 15 until I was near the yard :confused: ?
I’d best get my card downloaded tomorrow and see what the computer says :open_mouth:

DAF95XF:
Doesnt the first 45 minutes of a POA count as a break on a digi tacho, it didnt start telling me on the dash that I was at 4 hour 15 until I was near the yard :confused: ?
I’d best get my card downloaded tomorrow and see what the computer says :open_mouth:

A digi tacho registers POA as a break even tho it is not, its one of the many faults with a digi tacho

Why i am glad i work for a company now which lets you put it on a break when your not working rather than insisting on you using POA.

Last place i worked anything over 50mins on break and you would have to go explain it.

DAF95XF:
Doesnt the first 45 minutes of a POA count as a break on a digi tacho,

Only for the card in the second position in multi-manning operations because you can’t record break while the vehicle is moving. Why didn’t you just set it to break instead of POA.

the only time i use POA is when i call a truck dealer up and ask about the price when it says £POA :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I never use POA either to be honest, in fact I’m not even sure when & why to use it.

do a print out and write on the back " I’m a numpty and forgot to record that the first 45 minutes of the poa were break"

In Stu’s case, and having heard about some of the crap kit he’s been given to drive just lately, I think a new mode swithch should be added to his tacho where POA stands for Period of Awaiting (recovery,) which means that he was available to drive, but he couldn’t drive cos it was already broken. :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

redbob:
I never use POA either to be honest, in fact I’m not even sure when & why to use it.

+1