hours question

just wondering if someone can put me straight on this question about hours.the place im starting at on mon involves working 6 on then 3 off,so say i start my 6 on fri & ive only done 9 hours driving the previous sun & mon a 13 hour day does this mean i can do 3 15s fri/sat/sun with 2 10 hour drives then do the same mon/tues/wed followed by my 3 days off. i don’t think its right but im just askin with sun 00.00 dropping in the middle of my shift.hope it makes sense cos its confussed me :confused:

Two points to remember in answering this question.

1. You can reduce your daily rest to 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods

2. You can increase your daily driving limit to 10 hours twice per week.

Taking point 1 into consideration this means in any of your 6 days on periods you only have 3 x15’s available regardless of which day of the week you commence your 6 days.

Point 2 means that when you have a 6 day period that straddles a Sunday/Monday you can do 4x10’s in your six day period, provided you have at least 2 days of your shift falling in one week and the rest in the other. In a 6 day shift period where you only have 1 day in one week and 5 in the other you would have 3x10’s available to you.

In the scenario you outline above where you commence your 6 days on the Friday you could in fact legally do 2x10’s in the period Friday - Sunday and another 2x10’s in the period Monday - Wednesday. It would be legal to do 10 hours driving on each of Saturday, Sunday. Monday and Tuesday for instance.

needs to watch his 3rd into 4th week too.
It’s a pain in the ■■■

thanks coffee.

nick2008:

In what way? Just curious as to what you are getting at in case i missed mentioning something important, I’m doing about 6 things at once here see. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

nick2008:

In what way? Just curious as to what you are getting at in case i missed mentioning something important, I’m doing about 6 things at once here see. :stuck_out_tongue:

No you covered it coffee just saying to watch the 3rd and 4th week for the carry over when reducing rests etc and the running total of hours etc.
Your very much so the guy in the know here
hats off to you mate :sunglasses:

164480:
does this mean i can do 3 15s fri/sat/sun with 2 10 hour drives then do the same mon/tues/wed followed by my 3 days off. i don’t think its right but im just askin

As others have said the 15’s are reset by taking a weekly rest period, the 10h drives are per fixed week. So if you’re working fri-wed you can only do 3 15’s in total over the 6 shifts but you can do two 10h drives out of fri/sat/sun and another two mon/tue/wed as that is reset at midnight Sunday.

Good luck with the new job.

Paul

repton:

164480:
does this mean i can do 3 15s fri/sat/sun with 2 10 hour drives then do the same mon/tues/wed followed by my 3 days off. i don’t think its right but im just askin

As others have said the 15’s are reset by taking a weekly rest period, the 10h drives are per fixed week. So if you’re working fri-wed you can only do 3 15’s in total over the 6 shifts but you can do two 10h drives out of fri/sat/sun and another two mon/tue/wed as that is reset at midnight Sunday.

Good luck with the new job.

Paul

was you in l/pool yesterday paul…? if so i was on the fone to new boss & as we were speaking he said one off walkers passed him,down near seafoth dock you must have been to cargills for soya.

164480:
was you in l/pool yesterday paul…? if so i was on the fone to new boss & as we were speaking he said one off walkers passed him,down near seafoth dock you must have been to cargills for soya.

Yeah, Charlie is off this week so I’m in. Was loading non-GM from G3.

Paul