Hours question....

Now I normally am quite clued up on hours ect but my mate rang me today as k asked me about his hours/rest ect and I wasnt 100% sure…
If you start a shift @ Wednesday 9am and finish it @thurs 12:30AM the next day/morning(double manned)
Can you then take/expected to take to take the Thursday as your day off and back in Friday morning @6am?
Because technically your card is in on every day because it’s not withdrawn until 12:30am on the Thursday■■?

As in a weekly rest period? if he didn`t reduce last week (full 45 hours) then yes it would be classed as a reduced weekly rest (29.5hours) and is legal. the question is does he and would he want to do that? Someone more knowledgable than me will be along shortly tho :slight_smile:

EDITED after reading the post wrong ! I’m not clued up at all on double manning but I would say yes… weekly rest AFAIK for double manning is also 24hrs(reduced)… therefore it is a day off as long as the full weekly rest of 45hrs has been adhered to.

There is nothing in the regulations which prohibits working on every day. What you outline is legal as he will have a reduced weekly rest between finishing Thursday AM and starting Friday AM.

The regs work on hours not days

ckm1981:
Now I normally am quite clued up on hours ect but my mate rang me today as k asked me about his hours/rest ect and I wasnt 100% sure…
If you start a shift @ Wednesday 9am and finish it @thurs 12:30AM the next day/morning(double manned)
Can you then take/expected to take to take the Thursday as your day off and back in Friday morning @6am?
Because technically your card is in on every day because it’s not withdrawn until 12:30am on the Thursday■■?

If you start a multi-manned shift at 09:00 Wednesday and finish at 00:30 Thursday you can legally start another shift at 09:30 Thursday.

I’m not saying you should just that legally you can.

Cheers guys,I couldn’t get my head round it earlier when he rang me…suppose the 5 x 3am starts have fried my brain a bit this week :laughing:
He ain’t a happy bunny,they have been given a new trunk rota which is as in my post where the day before his one Rota day off every other week he will have to do this 16hrs+ trunk from Tamworth upto Livingston and back double manned,just doesn’t seem like a proper day off if he ain’t getting home til 1:30am on the day his “day off” is.