Hours question and Knutsford Services

Firstly, is it legal to do Sunday to Friday every week? If not, what would be the work around to be able to do Sun-Fri most of the time?

Second, Knutsford services. Why do I see truck parked in there yet there’s a HGV with a red line through it on the signes? Can I park there over night in an artic or not?

Thanks… :open_mouth:

You can park there but why would you bother with Lymm just a couple of miles away?

Since there is not supposed to be any HGV’s there, does that mean you don’t have to pay at Knutsford Services since no one there to collect money.

Ive noticed a few trucks there parked up overnight companies which i know don’t like their drivers to go anywhere where you pay to park.

Steve-o:
Firstly, is it legal to do Sunday to Friday every week?

Oh, no no no no no no.

Steve-o:
Can I park there over night in an artic or not?

Oh yes.

Steve-o:
Firstly, is it legal to do Sunday to Friday every week?

Depends on start and finish times. If you can fit a weekly rest period of at least 45 hours in each week between finishing on the Friday and starting on the Sunday then it is legal to do it every week. However, unless you are finishing early on the Friday and starting later on the Sunday it is unlikely you could fit in a regular rest period every week

You must have, in any two consecutive weeks, either one regular rest period of least 45 hours and and one reduced rest period, at least 24 hours but less than 45, or two regular rest periods. When you do take a reduced weekly rest period the amount of the reduction must be compensated for by being added to another rest period of at least 9 hours before the end of the third week following the reduction - reduce in week 1 it must be compensated for before the end of week 4.

Steve-o:
If not, what would be the work around to be able to do Sun-Fri most of the time?

It isn’t easy, in fact nigh on impossible, to suggest a work around without knowing your start and finish times, for the Sunday and Friday. The chances are you will only be able to do Sunday to Friday every second week but without knowing the times I can’t be certain.

Thnaks for the replys, and lol at the dog.

I finished at 1pm today and I wont be starting till 12 mid day on Sunday. I think that’s the way it works every week. I only reduce to 9 if I really need to. Like today… I finished at 5:26pm yesterday and started at 2:27am as I had to haul from Preston to East Kilbride by early morning yaun

Lymm… the company wont pay for me to park there - only moto sites :angry:

Steve-o:
I finished at 1pm today and I wont be starting till 12 mid day on Sunday. I think that’s the way it works every week.

In that case you could do Sunday to Friday every week if you wish as you will be having a weekly rest period of 47 hours each week, which means in any two consecutive weeks you will be having two regular regular weekly rest periods.

This means the dog is 1 for 2 on his answers. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

Steve-o:
I finished at 1pm today and I wont be starting till 12 mid day on Sunday.

That’s legit, that’s a 45 hour rest, you can do that every week if you want to.

i thought Lymm truckstop was owned by Moto anyway
they seem to have the same signs in and around the site
[/quote]

I think Motorway service areas have to provide some parking for lorries by law although Knutsford is a bit too small to have a decent number of spaces. The way I see it the sign is only there to discourage drivers trying to park there but if you want to you can.

To over-night at knutsford services will cost you £18 without the meal voucher or £20 with it.

See here