Hours question again sorry

I wonder if anyone can help, I am currently working on a job whereby i am working 55 hours a week,Monday to Friday, though not all of that is driving. I have 5 hours unpaid break taken off me, therefore i am paid for 50 hours. I have recently been told by my line manager that i will have to reduce this, so that i am not exceeding the 48 hour average week, even though before our 26 week reference period I will have 10 days annual leave excluding bank holidays. I do this run every day. This ruling is also going to affect some of my colleagues. If it helps the company i work for is Parcelforce.

Full weeks off are counted as 48 hours working time if that makes sense.

You do need to bring your hours down over the coming weeks.

As said a full weeks statutory holiday counts as 48 hours for the RT(WT)R so will not reduce your average hours over the reference period.

You could try using more standing/waiting time (if you have any) as break or POA neither of which counts towards working time.

Forget about what you are paid for, working hours can be different to paid hours. Do you have exactly 1 hour break per day? Or can it be more?

Working time = driving time + other work.

Any time spent on break or poa is not counted as working time.

So out of your 55 hours a week, if you had 6 hours break per week (even though you only get 5 hours knocked off) and 1 hour per week as poa then your working hours are down to 48.

If your company knocks all breaks off your pay(so you only need 5 hours per week), do they also knock poa off too? If they pay for poa you could perhaps “find” some time that could be used as poa, still get paid the same hours, they get the job done and the wtd is complied with, everyone’s happy.

Thanks for the replies, i forgot to say that,that we have been doing these types of duties for over a year now and nothing has been said, to get around this we have been using statuory and non statuory leave, or swapping over to a duty of less hours.

prdcb1:
I wonder if anyone can help, I am currently working on a job whereby i am working 55 hours a week,Monday to Friday, though not all of that is driving. I have 5 hours unpaid break taken off me, therefore i am paid for 50 hours. I have recently been told by my line manager that i will have to reduce this, so that i am not exceeding the 48 hour average week, even though before our 26 week reference period I will have 10 days annual leave excluding bank holidays. I do this run every day. This ruling is also going to affect some of my colleagues. If it helps the company i work for is Parcelforce.

Are you not using your PoAs correctly? It should be really easy to find 2hrs over a week. For example if you drive to a depot and put the wagon on a bay and have to wait whilst its loaded but can’t take it as a break, if you know how long it usually takes or they tell you, that time can count as PoA.

Taking leave will not reduce the average. A weeks leave is treated as a 48hr working week as has been mentioned in order to prevent employers abusing it.

I thought that holidays for the week counted as 40 hours wtd■■?

We dont use poa. Looks like i will have to reduce.

prdcb1:
We dont use poa. Looks like i will have to reduce…

■■? Employer will have to cut hours then…with pay rise of course. Bad planning

dri-diddly-iver:
I thought that holidays for the week counted as 40 hours wtd■■?

Statutory holidays have to be neutral so cannot be used to reduce the average, therefore a full weeks holiday is counted as 48 hours.

prdcb1:
We dont use poa. Looks like i will have to reduce.

why dont you use poa? bigger fool you for not using it if you could possibly loose money by having your hours cut. its there for a reason use it, and then your company can’t cut hours or money. if they say they don’t reconise it for some reason tell them to do the dcpc course so they know the correct rules :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: