Hours Help

Had a weekly rest of 45hrs last weekend. Worked Monday to Thursday and finished at 19.00hrs Thursday. Had Friday off. Starting Saturday at 15.00hrs and will probably finish 23.00hrs or midnight Saturday. Off on Sunday. Starting again on Monday at 07.15hrs. How will my weekly rest work out for the next 3 weeks to make up the compensation. Thanks.

Full weekly rest next week as you only had a reduced rests this week.

You will have had a reduced rest of 44 hours, Thursday evening - Saturday afternoon, and will have another of 31-32 hours, Saturday night - Monday morning. You only need to compensate for one of these so do it for the 44 hour one and you have 1 hours compensation to make before midnight on the 4th of December. That should be no problem at all and will likely be covered by one of your daily rest periods, compensation can be made by attaching the required hours to any rest period of at least 9 hours.

The reason you only need to compensate for one of those reduced rest periods is because the regulations only require one weekly rest period for each week and any rest periods over and above that minimum are surplus to requirements, other than to prevent you doing more than 144 hours between weekly rests.

start saturday at 16.00 and no need for any reduced rest :bulb: :smiley: :smiley:

welshboyinspain:
start saturday at 16.00 and no need for any reduced rest :bulb: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s an option, especially if he wants another reduced next week, but one hour is not going to be difficult to make up. He could have it done and dusted by Tuesday if he has 10 hours rest Monday night.

Coffeeholic:

welshboyinspain:

It’s an option, especially if he wants another reduced next week, but one hour is not going to be difficult to make up. He could have it done and dusted by Tuesday if he has 10 hours rest Monday night.

if he has a 44 hour rest then a 32 can’t the 32 be an 11 plus 21 so having paid back the 1 hour? :wink: :question:

welshboyinspain:

Coffeeholic:

welshboyinspain:

if he has a 44 hour rest then a 32 can’t the 32 be an 11 plus 21 so having paid back the 1 hour? :wink: :question:

Indeed it could, I missed that. :blush: :blush: Well it wouldn’t be an 11 but it will be a 31 hour reduced weekly rest plus the 1 hour.

I like to keep things simple. So think i’ll go for the 44 and add one hour on the daily rest in the week.

tortoise:
I like to keep things simple. So think i’ll go for the 44 and add one hour on the daily rest in the week.

No need, as WBIS pointed out your rest from Saturday night to Monday morning takes care of that hour. You’re good to go, just make sure you have a full rest for the coming week.