Hours help asap

evening all. i got stuck in the m25 crash tonight and went over my spread by two and a half hours. i have done printoffs and explained it but am now confused as i have been told i have to take 11 off? i thought i could still take nine(from when i parked)? any info before the morning?and also if anyone is in clackett lane and has a spare gas cannister(cartridge type)i will pay cash money for one so i can eat/drink in the morning.

your choice - take a 9 if you have one available

u can have 9hrs rest. i’m in wigan so i can’t help you with gas.

most important u had to parkup asap when you left motorway , do printout make a note what happened.

I think (though I stand to be corrected) that the 11 hours bit is a ‘company’ rule. The place I used to work at did the same thing if you went over your hours. It’s to show VOSA that you did not go over your hours to make any gain for yourself or the company. Just covering themselves.

cheers thats what i thought and i feel quite “boned up” on hours rules. damm old drivers telling me fibs!! printouts were already done and this was the closet place to park (trust me im not here through choice). oh i see it was a dhl driver saying it so could be dhl policy and i didnt believe him till another random bloke agreed!! 9 it is then as its friday tommorow!!

Legaly,
if your have run over your hours due to unforeseen circumstances, and thats noted on your records, you can take whatever rest the law defines, running over in those circumtances doesnt affect the minimum rest you must take, If you can reduce to a 9 hour then you can, the only point you have to consider its 9/11 hours from when you actualy stop, not from when you expected to stop , you cannot reduce your rest period because of the unforeseen circumstances, only extend your duty/driving period.

Contractually
I have worked for a company , that did not allow drivers to take reduced rest, the only rest allowed was 11 hours, if such restrictions are written into your terms of employment, then while you may be “law legal” then you may still fall into the area of employment gross misconduct.

In short, if you have a “9” available then you can take it from when your wheels stopped moving for the night, UNLESS your boss says otherwise.

Friday rules apply :sunglasses:

Also I think you stole my username haha

steve o:
evening all. i got stuck in the m25 crash tonight and went over my spread by two and a half hours. i have done printoffs and explained it but am now confused as i have been told i have to take 11 off? i thought i could still take nine(from when i parked)? any info before the morning?and also if anyone is in clackett lane and has a spare gas cannister(cartridge type)i will pay cash money for one so i can eat/drink in the morning.

■■■■…I didn’t have my mobile broadband stick (arrived tues…left monday) I was in Clackett lane as well. Bryan’s Man with a box on…parked right on the corner by the coach park. (Could have let you have a gas canister as well)
I was 2 hours over my spread, took a 9 and off again

I got stuck on the M25 bout 2 years ago,was due to pull into clacket Lane at 8:15pm but there was a fatality just by the services so it all came to a halt just after the M23 turn…no warnings that the motorway was shut or anything…it took til after 12 to get off at the Godstone exit where the diversion took you onto the A25 through westerham and back onto to A21…i ended up going over my time by 5 hrs pulling into Tilbury yard at 2am as there was nowhere to park at Thurrock…i took 9 hrs off and started at 11am :wink:
if you’ve got a 9 left then you can use it and can see no reason whatsoever why you would be told otherwise :confused:

Rikki-UK:
Legaly,

Contractually
I have worked for a company , that did not allow drivers to take reduced rest, the only rest allowed was 11 hours, if such restrictions are written into your terms of employment, then while you may be “law legal” then you may still fall into the area of employment gross misconduct.

In short, if you have a “9” available then you can take it from when your wheels stopped moving for the night, UNLESS your boss says otherwise.

so that means you never worked over 13 hours a day.