hours advice

went away on sunday done 8 hrs had 11 hrs of the same on monday then on tues wed 15 hrs 9 hrs of then thurs 12 hrs 11hrs of then friday 9 hrs then finished 45 hrs of goin away on sunday if i park up on sun at 21 00 hrs and take 9 hrs of wat daily rest do i need to have do i need one 11 hr of or two

You can reduce your daily rest 3 times in between weekly rests. Was that what you needed to know ?

andy best:
went away on sunday done 8 hrs had 11 hrs of the same on monday then on tues wed 15 hrs 9 hrs of then thurs 12 hrs 11hrs of then friday 9 hrs then finished 45 hrs of goin away on sunday if i park up on sun at 21 00 hrs and take 9 hrs of wat daily rest do i need to have do i need one 11 hr of or two

If I’m understanding correctly you had 45 hours weekly rest between Friday and Sunday then started work again on Sunday, if this is the case the 45 hours rest would reset the 3 reduced daily rest periods you’re entitled to have between weekly rest periods.

If I’ve understood this correctly you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between Sunday and your next weekly rest period.

bit confused i no the week starts midnight sunday night so if i took a 9 hr daily rest on sunday night say i finish at 21 00 hrs aand start at 6 00 monday morning do i need to 2 or 1 11 hr breaks during the week or does sunday break count as the previous week

The number of reduced daily rest periods you can have has nothing to do with the fixed week, you can have 3 reduced weekly rest periods (9 hour rests) between weekly rest periods.

You start work on Sunday so you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods of no less than 9 hours before your next weekly rest period.

Suppose you start work on Sunday and your last shift is on Friday then you have a weekly rest period, you could have reduced daily rest periods of 9 hours on any 3 days, for instance Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, it’s your choice but as this example consists of 6 days you must have at-least 3 x 11 hour daily rest periods before your next weekly rest period which starts on Friday.

If you were working Friday to Wednesday then having a weekly rest period you could have 3 reduced daily rest periods between Friday and Wednesday.

The regulations are :
3 reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods (regardless of what days the weekly rest periods are taken on).

2 extended daily driving limits of 10 hours per week (fixed week 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).

tachograph:
The number of reduced daily rest periods you can have has nothing to do with the fixed week, you can have 3 reduced weekly rest periods (9 hour rests) between weekly rest periods.

You start work on Sunday so you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods of no less than 9 hours before your next weekly rest period.

Suppose you start work on Sunday and your last shift is on Friday then you have a weekly rest period, you could have reduced daily rest periods of 9 hours on any 3 days, for instance Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, it’s your choice but as this example consists of 6 days you must have at-least 3 x 11 hour daily rest periods before your next weekly rest period which starts on Friday.

If you were working Friday to Wednesday then having a weekly rest period you could have 3 reduced daily rest periods between Friday and Wednesday.

The regulations are :
3 reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods (regardless of what days the weekly rest periods are taken on).

2 extended daily driving limits of 10 hours per week (fixed week 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).

thanks for that

andy best:
thanks for that

You’re welcome :wink: