Hourly or Weekly

Now I know some people are just out for what they can get, which is fair enough, each to their own, BUT… Which do you prefer/get ■■? to be payed hourly or weekly for " hours that are required "

Myself I get the latter as for the hours I do I would be on 50K+ on a reasonable class 1 rate, which would be nice but there is more chance of my arse hole healing over :smiley:

Paid hourly, guaranteed 10 hours 7-5 but I’m paid for anything outside that. Had enough of day rates, companies squeezing that last load or drop out of you so you end up working through breaks or driving like a prick. Being hourly paid I’m more willing to do a late load, without charging about. I earn extra money, so does my boss.

Hourly paid and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Anything else just causes stress and encourages you to teararse around like a desperate agency driver rushing to a ringing phone.

I’m happy to be salaried for now. I don’t get rushed about either. Maybe you need a back bone to be able to tell your planner/boss that enough is enough?

Oh, and overtime gets paid extra. I’m not stupid… :slight_smile:

TheNewBoy:
for the hours I do I would be on 50K+…

So how much are you actually getting for £50,000 worth of your time?

Contraflow:

TheNewBoy:
for the hours I do I would be on 50K+…

So how much are you actually getting for £50,000 worth of your time?

That would be telling…as you would proberbly laugh, but I’m only using this as a stepping stone as I’ve been away from C+E for 10 years

TheNewBoy:
but I’m only using this as a stepping stone

:laughing: Classic agency driver response.
Do you prefer Lidl or Aldi carrier bags as an alternative to a proper bag? :laughing: