Hotwired Renault Midlum - repairs

Hoping anyone can help.

I have a 2007 Renault Midlum (ex TNT) that I store at a local warehouse (outside).

Last week it got broken into, by someone who knew what they were doing as they came with the right tools - and hotwired the truck, moved it - so they could break into the back.

The smashed the lower passenger window - but the main damage they did was the ignition barrel and wiring around the steering column.

They:

• Removed the steering column panelling
  • cut the ignition wires
  • connected the right ones to hotwire and get it cranking
  • look to have cut into the ignition barrel at the base (with an angle grinder) but only a bit?
  • moved it forward 6ft- possibly on the starter
  • left it crushed hard up against a wall on the passenger side.
  • also ripped off the front of the fuse panel (on passenger side)

They successfully got in and nicked my electric car winch, which was annoying - but, worse than that I now cannot move the truck as I cant get it strated again.

I reconnected the wires and got it cranking fine - but the dash is showing up messages to suggest that it is immobilised.

1. THEFT DETECT
  2. DEFECT 92
  3. the “Battery” sign

I got a truck electrician there on Friday, but he checked most things out and gave up because he couldn’t get to the ecu near the battery box - as the truck is now hard up against the wall and you cant get to it.

I am up the creek, because I need it very soon (but it is not my daily drive) and also I need to get it moved from where it is.

I spoke to a local Renault truck supplier and he said I would need to bring it in (which I cant!) but suggested it could be that the key is not being recognised by the lock - or a black box as he described it which is approx 4" by 2". I found one which looked like it could be it (which says ECU IMMO 24v IND.DELPHI.I) and it looks to have one set of wires plugged in, but space for another wire to be plugged it, but I cannot find anything that seems to be at a loose end? Is there any point me taking this off, if it would need to be programmed - or is this not the problem.

The ignition lock is not the original, as it is on a different key - but did work fine before the break in. I have tried having both keys close to it and still no better.

I have looked on previous forums, but not found an answer and would appreciate any help.

I am in the Stockport area if you know someone who can definitely fix this?

Cheers

Dan

Check the key transponder ring isnt damaged. This will be a plastic ring with a wire attached which fits around the ignition barrell. This picks up on the chip in the key and the truck wont start if its missing/damaged. You mention space for another wire/plug, this could possibly be the transponder ring plug which is now missing…