HotFoodCo

Hi guys,

Rather than cook, yesterday I had a Burger King and for the 7.99 i spent on a burger and chips I instantly regretted it.

Tonight, not wanting to cook, or make the same mistake again I wandered into Clacket Lane and thought I’d give the food a try. For less than yesterday I got a freshly made proper burger with decent lettuce and caramelised onions, chips, coleslaw, salad and onion rings and it tastes ■■■■ good.

Perhaps I’m just high from a busy day but I reckon the HotFoodCo is about as close as a MSA gets to serving real food. Is there a chain that does better?

£8 for a burger and chips !? :open_mouth:

If I’m passing BK and am absolutely starving then I’ll get a bacon double cheese meal which is under £6 iirc, but it does fill you up. What you getting that’s costing £8?

Toby Carvery, enough said.
p.s. you might have to break the truckers code of only eating and sleeping in msa’s to find one tho :wink:

bubsy06:
p.s. you might have to break the truckers code of only eating and sleeping in msa’s to find one tho :wink:

Exactly, theres more than enough chains out there doing meal deals (Wetherspoons/Whitbread/Toby Carvery etc) and most are on main roads. Certainly more edible and affordable than your average MSA.

Would still rather self cater

But then I am unsociable

B1 GGK:

bubsy06:

Exactly, theres more than enough chains out there doing meal deals (Wetherspoons/Whitbread/Toby Carvery etc) and most are on main roads. Certainly more edible and affordable than your average MSA.

Spoons has really gone downhill since they changed supplier some years ago now. Think they used to be done by Brakes but now 3663 does it, or the other way round. Whoever used to do it, it was reasonably decent food for a reasonable price, but the current supplier have horrible crap quality food and it’s not nice. Order something like a mixed grill and I bet you end up leaving half of it because 50% of the meat will be gristle and fat. They never have anything you actually want in stock either.

animal:

But then I am unsociable

not unsociable but skint. :confused:

jessicas dad:

animal:

But then I am unsociable

not unsociable but skint. :confused:

Both :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can cook a far better meal at home for £1 than I can buy from Burger King for £8.

Rob K:

B1 GGK:

bubsy06:

Spoons has really gone downhill since they changed supplier some years ago now. Think they used to be done by Brakes but now 3663 does it, or the other way round. Whoever used to do it, it was reasonably decent food for a reasonable price, but the current supplier have horrible crap quality food and it’s not nice. Order something like a mixed grill and I bet you end up leaving half of it because 50% of the meat will be gristle and fat. They never have anything you actually want in stock either.

Wetherspoons are supplied by DHL out Daventry NDC,used to run into there with Fresh Direct out of Bicester with the fruit and veg for Wetherspoons

self catering is wot i prefer plus being skint dont help. :unamused: but there are plenty off ind est just round from town centers i always use have a walk and find a chippy or kebab house.

i buy ingredients and make the food at home for instance ive scouse, curry and rice and two spag bols to microwave this week. been a long time since ive eaten at a msa

steve07:
self catering is wot i prefer plus being skint dont help. :unamused: but there are plenty off ind est just round from town centers i always use have a walk and find a chippy or kebab house.

If anyone’s around Wildmere Trading Estate at Banbury, a quick walk across the road takes you to a Toby; It’s brilliant there. If anyone has to park on the A40 at Eynsham, park in Westbound layby at Eynsham and walk about 2 mins to the Evenlode pub; It serves food allday and carvery is £4.50 weekdays and £7 weekends… much better than Fat ladies (eastbound) and the other one that seems to change hands on a monthly basis…

Rob K:

B1 GGK:

bubsy06:

Ive not done a Spoons feed for a good 5 years or so, The last time I went I remember I had a mixed grill n a pint for a 5er, obviously not the best quality but still a filler and bog blocker the next day.

washy jnr:

Rob K:

B1 GGK:

bubsy06:

Wetherspoons are supplied by DHL out Daventry NDC,used to run into there with Fresh Direct out of Bicester with the fruit and veg for Wetherspoons

Must have changed again then. Pretty sure it was a 3663 18 tonner delivering to them at Long Eaton one evening when I was there.

Your right about the place a Clacketts Lane. Good quality food at reasonable price for the motorway. Also they have a McDonalds now for the occasional sausage and egg muffin breakfast.

yuo can always spot the BK McD cheapskates in MSAs, as theyre the ones who buy the kiddie menu for £3-£4 and end up with a dashboard full freebie toys

I just make my own burgers up much cheaper & better :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

now dot tell Lucy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

B1 GGK:

bubsy06:

Thought they’ve always done their own as i didn’t think it was a contract we’ve never had unless it was ‘logistics’… i’ve never delivered to one and there are several around this area. Obviously a lot of grub is all 'ding ’ food these days in pubs and chefs ain’t wot they used to be, making multi course meals from scratch with the raw ingredients. A friends son works in a hotel kitchen and claims to be a chef…in reality he does breakfast (bacon and nuked scrambled egg/black pudding) as that is all he can cook as he never went to a catering college and has no formal training /qualifications

Looks like it still a DHL job…

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … ension.htm