Hot meals at services

Just stopped at ferrybridge services and signs are up saying got meals available for HGV drivers who have paid for parking

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

And Gregg’s

Hot food

Paid parking

Nice to see somebody making an effort to support drivers, I’ve no love for MSAs usually, especially for parking up, ,… but yeh, good on em on this occasion… :sunglasses:

After saying that, if any other MSAs can not cater for overnight parking drivers with a basic meal, they should waver (or at least reduce) the extortionate parking charges.

Did you buy a meal?
As say it’s a gesture bit limited but it’s a start.
Be curious what it’s like though

Currently parked at Reading Services and it is good to see MOTO doing their bit to help £32.50 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: to park with only Smiths open but don’t worry you can save your £10 meal voucher until all this has passed and then gorge on junk food as they will honour the vouchers once normal service has resumed. So survive Covid then die of a heart attack as you redeem your food vouchers :smiley: on the plus side 8 out of the ten lorries in here are foreign so unlikely to be paying the exorbitant fee anyway

robroy:
Nice to see somebody making an effort to support drivers, I’ve no love for MSAs usually, especially for parking up, ,… but yeh, good on em on this occasion… :sunglasses:

After saying that, if any other MSAs can not cater for overnight parking drivers with a basic meal, they should waver (or at least reduce) the extortionate parking charges.

Roadchef seems to be half price at the moment due to lack of outlets being open. They also have microwaves where you can heat any food you brought with you yourself (or think someone told me they have ready meals for sale now in Wh Smith. Not sure how much they are but he mentioned ‘reasonable’ when I asked him about them)

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

KarlM:

robroy:

Roadchef seems to be half price at the moment due to lack of outlets being open. They also have microwaves where you can heat any food you brought with you yourself (or think someone told me they have ready meals for sale now in Wh Smith. Not sure how much they are but he mentioned ‘reasonable’ when I asked him about them)

So how much is half price?

In the land that time forgot (ireland) I can still get a Burger King in their free to park services. :sunglasses:

robroy:

KarlM:

robroy:

So how much is half price?

Northampton was £15. I think Stafford is normally £26 so should be £13. Not sure on the others.

15 quid eh? :unamused:
I still say the greedy ■■■■ s should be seen to support key workers by providing free parking, if not for the fact that.they are providing an even worse service to truckers than they normally do, then maybe even for a bit of positive pr.
‘‘We support key work drivers, park here for free’’ style.
I mean they’ve extorted enough from you guys who use them regularly over the years to stand it.