Hosepipe ban??

So a hosepipe ban is kicking in for those in the south. But I haven’t received a letter from my water company or any correspondence actually about it, so can I just ignore it? I read in the Mail that there are £1000 fines for those still using hoses but as you wouldn’t be breaking any statute as such is it really an enforceable fine?

As a “customer” (ha!) who hasn’t agreed to pay any fine should I decide to use the product I pay through the nose for, it’s all bollix surely?

I agree with the sentiment (ish) but when you consider all those unfixed leaks seems pretty pointless really…

Any thoughts?

Edit: mods please move to Bully’s. Christ knows why I’ve put it here? (I’m tired :stuck_out_tongue: )

bazza123:
Edit: mods please move to Bully’s. Christ knows why I’ve put it here? (I’m tired :stuck_out_tongue: )

Done. Maybe you are a little dehydrated, take some water. :wink:

I’ll be ignoring it, seeing as there was a burst water main by the ford garage in harlow last year, that took veolia 4 days to sort out :unamused:

According to Thames Water’s customer services it wasn’t them who requested the hosepipe ban in their area it was the government.Which figures considering the logic of leaving the water in the river instead of doing as normal in taking it out of the river and then treating it etc etc.In which case instead of us being able to use a hose their logic just means that they leave it in the river to go out to sea instead where it gets turned into salt water that’s no zb use to anyone.

It’s a bit like the fishing regs where they catch a load of cod and then have to dump it back in the sea again all dead to ‘conserve’ fish stocks. :imp: :imp: :unamused: :unamused:

Then to add insult to injury the zb’s won’t rebate the water rate charge for those who pay without a meter.

bazza123:
As a “customer” (ha!) who hasn’t agreed to pay any fine should I decide to use the product I pay through the nose for, it’s all bollix surely?

Another so-called professional driver not thinking about the fish.

Cue-for another crap wet summer :frowning:

Couldn’t the stuff be piped down from Scotland??

Golden opportunity here for all the tanker drivers, backloads to the South East maybe :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing:

bazza123:
Couldn’t the stuff be piped down from Scotland??

Was told today they have a shortage of water themselves around Oban, don’t understand how it never stops ■■■■■■■ down.

What a sham the Hosepipe ban is anyway, you can’t use a hose to was your car but you can use as many buckets of water as you like surely this wastes more water as you need more buckets than a quick rinse with the hose!

And like others have said if they fixed all the leaks, which according to the BBC news the other night they would save approx 3 million litres of wasteage!

Martin:
Golden opportunity here for all the tanker drivers, backloads to the South East maybe :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing:

After the Yorkshire water shortage, they were supposed to have cured all the leaks, put in new transfer pipes so that no area of the UK would be short of water again :laughing:

It was a free for all for tanker drivers until Exel spoiled a great job.

Hosepipes are still allowed for legitimate business and if you are a blue badge holder you can water your garden :confused:

Wheel Nut:

Martin:

After the Yorkshire water shortage, they were supposed to have cured all the leaks, put in new transfer pipes so that no area of the UK would be short of water again :laughing:

It was a free for all for tanker drivers until Exel spoiled a great job.

Hosepipes are still allowed for legitimate business and if you are a blue badge holder you can water your garden :confused:

Didn’t I see a bod from a garden nursery being interviewed on tv and him saying that he would not be allowed to use a hose?