Horses.

Who has an interest in horses?

Post your horse pics here!

I have an interest in glue? Does that count?

Yep, I’m another sucker too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
We’ve bred, bought, sold, kept, broke, trained and transported :smiley: :smiley:
These days just dabbling. She has a Hanoverian mare in for dressage training at the moment. I don’t do all that straight back poncy “english” tosh though… :grimacing:

Will stick some pics up when I can get to the other pooter

Both my aunts had and still do have horses, I had a riding lesson one day and never looked back since, that was about 15 years ago. I broke in this little fella here called Maverick, he’s an Arab x Thoroughbred and came to us with his brother, whom is his spitting image called Phoenix.

Broke my heart to sell him but I outgrew him :frowning: Took a year out from riding to sit my HGV tests and now I’ve met the misses and settling down she wants me to teach her how to ride too now so we’re looking at buying again.

This is ours:

My GF Jenny has a couple of horses.

Here’s Jenny with Alexi:
Alexi is Irish Cob x New Forest and stands at 14.2hh

DSC05357.jpg

Jenny and Alexi in the practice arena:

10042012293.jpg

Jenny and Alexi in a dressage competition recently:

Dressage.jpg

Jenny also has this dear little chap called Jack.
Jack is a Dartmoor pony and stands at 13.0hh

Jack.jpg

A couple of years ago, Jenny was left an 18.3hh Clydesdale in a will!!!
Ben has feet the size of dustbin lids and a head like Birkenhead. :open_mouth:

Ben2.jpg

The mobile farrier came to check Ben’s wheels and discovered that he needed a new tyre.

To make a horseshoe, we’ll need a furnace, so it’s lucky there’s one in the back of the van:

DSC04966.jpg

Here’s Ben’s new shoe, and it’s a larger diameter than a large dinner plate.

DSC04971.jpg

Right, let’s get Ben’s foot on an axle stand and get that old shoe off

Ben.jpg

A little filing and fettling:

Final fitting:

DSC04959.jpg

Dave how often does he need new 'shoes, and how do you keep him still to have them fitted?

I’m not really into horses but johdpurs, leather and whips makes it alright.

I love horses but couldn’t manage a whole one, but I was supporting a trust set up to prevent the mutilation of them.

East Yorkshire Horsewatch

driffieldtoday.co.uk/news/lo … -1-1998322

humberside.police.uk/horsewatch

ukhorsewatch.org.uk/Map.html

There are some sick people out there, and there are also links to satanic rituals using the horse.

My family are closely involved in caring for the equine society

Horses…? Delicious.

bazza123:
Dave how often does he need new 'shoes, and how do you keep him still to have them fitted?

As a general rule a horse that is being ridden will need his feet doing once every 6 weeks or so. If they’re not being ridden much the same set of shoes could last a fair while but they still need taking off every time and the foot needs trimming and the shoe replacing.

If they’re not being ridden you can get away without needing any shoes (or only putting them on the front) and having them done less frequently.

Paul

Why do dey say a horse is x amount of Hands, why could dey say it’s so many feet tall :confused: ■■

repton:

bazza123:

As a general rule a horse that is being ridden will need his feet doing once every 6 weeks or so. If they’re not being ridden much the same set of shoes could last a fair while but they still need taking off every time and the foot needs trimming and the shoe replacing.

If they’re not being ridden you can get away without needing any shoes (or only putting them on the front) and having them done less frequently.

Paul

Can you buy part worns? :wink:

bigvern1:

repton:

bazza123:

Paul

Can you buy part worns? :wink:

Horsebay?

used shoe worn twice on a night out, :slight_smile:

Horses that are rarely ever on a road surface doesn’t really need ‘shoes’ as such but they’re feet to need trimmed every now and then as Dave shows in his pictures, because like our nails, their ‘toes’ or hoofs grow too and so they need shod.

Ive got three horses, and have been riding for the past 20years! Done a bit of everything from show jumping, cross country and showing but now have got into Endurance Rinding and love it, gives you an oppertunity to ride places that are not normally accessable to the public and its a true test of fitness and stamina.
These are my three babies :smiley:

pic 2.jpg

Love horses always have done, but never been rich enough to own one although my missus has worked for people who go to horse shows etc. she would love to get back into it so if anybody does know anyone looking for help at there stables please let me know my missus would be very grateful

Some lovely pics here, keep them coming folks.

Keebs, if your missus went to any local stables and said that she wanted to help out then I am 100% sure that they would welcome her into the fold and give her a shovel and a curry comb. :smiley:

Trucker Lass has passed the fitness test and obviously holding an HGV makes it even more valid.

goldlabeluk.com/default.asp

Here’s my horse pictures, it was a multi tasker :wink: