Horrible helpers?

Anyone ever been lumped with a ‘mate’ who is just the most annoying person you’ve ever met? I’ve had the pleasure this last two weeks.

– He takes more breaks than a KitKat factory and still complains when he has to get out and do something!

– He smokes weed all day and passes leery comments on every woman he sees.

– Last week he caught his own head in the taillift while he was operating it himself- I kid you not - and now he’s thinking of trying to sue the company for his own stupidity.

– He constantly tells me how to drive, even though he hasn’t even got a car license, and he also tries to tell me how to do the job even though I’ve 10 months experience with this company.

Anyone else have a co-worker who gets up their nose? How do you deal with them?

Dapper, you must have the patience of a saint, I like to work off my own back. If I had to cope with someone in the cab, then let’s just say they wouldn’t be a happy bunny after the first couple of hours :wink: . Why don’t you just tell him to walk next time he starts on you :laughing: .

He needs to change his atitude,tell him whats up,give him a second chance,then it my way or the highway :wink:

When I drove for the roadshow company I mostly worked on my own and hired agency labourers or was met by fellow employees on site. One paticular week I was working in Whitely bay with four other guys who had four trucks, after setting up for the week I got called to drive down to Doncaster and dismantle a small show there and move it to Widnes for a one day show. One of the guys with us was a lazy, smelly, dirty, useless git who the company told me to take for assistance, this meant one day in a truck with him on the way, one day attending the show and one day travelling back to Tyne Side. This slob put his dirty boots on my dash, continualy played with my TV as I drove, vanished when there was any hard work or had his phone stuck to his ear and even tried to sell some of my equipment to some gyus on site, which I might add I stopped asap ! I took the pig to a rough bar in the town centre and left him there, hoping that a mob would beat him to death but he turned up next day safe and sound.
On return to the depot near Oxford the following week I told the manager “Don’t send that lazy git to work with me again”, three days later I set out for Stithians show in Cornwall and when I got on site he was there with a different set of equipment, we all did our best to avvoid him by vanishing to pubs he couldn’t find LOL.
After breaking down and leaving the site (I let him leave first) I got back to Oxford 24 hours in front of him :question: :question: :question: :question:
He wondered why he was sacked :laughing:

If he sparks up while in the cab, tell him to put it out. If he doesn’t then boot him out of the wagon and tell the boss why when you return to the yard. At the end of the day, you could easily lose your licence because of what he is smoking which is unacceptable.

Don’t get me wrong, what you do on your own time is up to you but at work it’s a different matter.

Jules

Totally relate to that one Dapper. Was sent out on a double man to Germany (1st and last time) with a complete ■■■■■ a while back.
It was his first time out there so muggins here got lumbered with him.
He persisted on overtaking on overtaking bans (after me telling him that unless he wants a big hole in his wallet he shouldn’t do it)
He tried to put truck onto cruise control - whilst in a slow moving traffic jam.
Played his cds full blast while i tried to get some kip.
Backed onto a bay - with doors closed (and was confused as why I was laughing so much)
Could not read a map. etc etc The list went on.
He was possibly the most irritating fella I’d ever met.
I’m not perfect but this bloke was the definition of a complete pillock.
But we did have a few laughs together whilst out one night on the beer so I guess he wern’t all bad. (even though he tried to get off with a transvestite!!!)

Just pull over when you are miles from the yard and ask him to check your brake lights are ok then drive off into the sunset and leave him there :smiley:

simon

When working in the Building trade I somehow got teamed upo with someone who no one else would work with. A good brikkie & no real problem, just a total prat, & to say we did not get on would be an under statement, we never spoke to each other unless we had to, & even then only by the Oi pillock (or worse) prefix.
But we were paid by quanity & not spending time talking we earnt very, very good money so we stuck together for the rest of the contract & then moved on to a new one, its not always a bad thing.
But I think if I was in your position Dapper I would make an issue of his drug use, ask what the Health & Safety implications are of him using drugs in a cab whilst you are driving, also ask if he is safe to work under H&S rules whilst he continues to use drugs.

a piece of 4 by 2 would do the trick.at least he would sleep through out the day and you would get your job done quicker. :laughing: :laughing:

lol I see I’m not the only one who’s had to put up with a muppet :slight_smile:

I can put up with most things but the smoking has definitely got to stop!

He takes more breaks than a KitKat factory

nothing wrong with kitkat’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tell him youll hit him that hard with your right, hell be BEGG`IN for your left :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation::wink:

Next time Dapper give him a good slap :laughing: :laughing:

sounds famililar to me too.
not drugs but booze, and generally useless :imp:
he took me to the wrong bourne, lincs not cambs only about 100 odd miles wrong, he “lost” part of a load i was responsable for as the driver for about £30 and he couldnt figure out why i was ■■■■■■ off with him, it would have been me talking to the old bill not him :cry:
i stuck him for about a week and then told my tm it was me or him, the next day he didnt show and i got a new mate, a top lad who i had a good laugh with and he was ace on the maps and he didnt mind getting in the back (ice cream contract -25 minimum).
sounds to me dapper that you need to do the same, him or you and i think i know what the tm will say…
drugs are bad news at the best of times but in a small cab not good news, you are probly inhailing as much as him and putting yourself in danger as well as others, if the tm wont do any thing the old bill probly will!!
hope you get it sorted
chris

V8KARLV8:
Next time Dapper give him a good slap :laughing: :laughing:

A good idea in theory, but its not allowed anymore. :frowning:
I caught a 13 year old trying to break into my shed once :open_mouth: , through the roof :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . As this was the third time I’d caught the little so n so at something (and complained to his parents), I was not best pleased, as you can imagine. When I told him to [zb]-off, I was answered with enough to make the word censor burn out. I therefore gave him a clip and assisted him out of my garden with the toe of my boot, as you do :smiley: (by the way, this little so n so had been terrorising the oldsters in the neighbourhood for years).
To cut a long story a bit shorter, it cost me £50 :frowning: , at a pound a week :smiley: . If I’d known it was going to cost me money, I’d have given him a proper slap and got my moneys worth :laughing: , on the good side, he stopped all his misbehaving, in our neck of the woods at least.

If you think its worth giving him a slapping :laughing: , make sure its going to be worth the money :unamused: :unamused: .

Dapper Scavenger:
Anyone else have a co-worker who gets up their nose? How do you deal with them?

Did removals for 2 and a half years. Seen em all. One of the other drivers kept a piece of cane (garden variety) next to his seat. If any porters fell asleep, put their feet on the dash, lit a spliff or anything like that he’d rap them over the thigh, head or any other accessible body part with his cane. That stoppped em.

Me I was a bit more tolerant. Except the feet on the dash - hate that. Unless they took their boots off.

Hi Dapper,aren’t these idiots who smoke gear constantly at work THE most irritating people.They absolutely stink as well.Theres no way I would have someone smoking weed in the cab either.I used to work for Argos on 7.5 tonners as part of a two man crew,delivering the larger,bulkier items on home delivery.They would put you with a different person every day,and there you used to share the driving.Only 5 minutes after leaving the yard at 7am,they would pull round the corner outside the bakers,and all meet up for a good chuff.One particular bloke,I was paired with for the first day had the audacity to ask if I was a COPPER,before lighting up and smoking weed all day long,whilst driving.!
Being an inexperienced youngster then,I didn’t want to rock the boat,so just ignored it.Driving round with them all day talking ■■■■ done my head in though,and now I would much rather be on my own,unless somebody would pair me with a gorgeous babe.It’s never the way though is it. :frowning: Eventually,the manangement caught on,and issued a memo,warning of the sack if caught bringing drugs onto the site.There were even times when some drivers would take a detour into Sarf London,when they should have been covering the norf side of the river,just so they could park on some dodgy coucil estate to visit their dealers! :laughing: What a joke.It was a pact then amongst the agency drivers to really string it out,as they were hourly paid.
So,Dapper I know exactly where you’re comin from.All the best .Do what Simon said and leave him in the back of beyond :smiling_imp:
Glenn,

Dapper Scavenger:
– He smokes weed all day

:imp: :imp: I would go ballistic if anyone tried that in my cab… :imp: :imp: the chances are the drug he is smoking was hidden in the back of a truck from some EC country and the driver was unaware of it… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: there are too many of our drivers in foreign nicks for me to be tolerant to any drug taking. :imp: :imp: :imp:
Never mind all that what you do in your own time etc etc either, even soft drugs will get any unsuspecting driver hard time in jail.

Never had the misfortune of being in that situation, hope I never do. I have my own truck and the only people who ride in it are the ones I invite.