Hopefully a full time job by tomorrow!

Just got off phone and I have an interview tomorrow for a company just over the mountain from me. Soon as I finish my current job tomorrow at 12 I’m going straight over.They actually deliver to our workplace every week! Full time job too not temporary! :smiley:

Newbie1985:
Just got off phone and I have an interview tomorrow for a company just over the mountain from me. Soon as I finish my current job tomorrow at 12 I’m going straight over.They actually deliver to our workplace every week! Full time job too not temporary! :smiley:

Good luck buddy! :slight_smile:

What would you wear to it? I wear boots and plain multi pocket trousers and plain tshirt to my current job, that would be ok wouldn’t it? Don’t want to look over dressed if you know what I mean haha I’m wondering wether to take over my licenses again too just in case I do a run to show my driving.

Newbie1985:
What would you wear to it? I wear boots and plain multi pocket trousers and plain tshirt to my current job, that would be ok wouldn’t it? Don’t want to look over dressed if you know what I mean haha I’m wondering wether to take over my licenses again too just in case I do a run to show my driving.

I’d go in smart work wear personally, that’s what I did anyways and landed my job, if you don’t make sure you have your boots with you and a hi-vis incase they want to take you for a tour of there yard, also take your licence with you as they’ll probably want to see it and maybe even take a photo copy for there records.

Yeah they’ve already had copy of my license,tacho card and cpc card when I applied last week. Sounded really positive on phone he knows I’m pretty new to the game too so hopefully I can finally get a foot in.

Sounds like it’s stacking up nicely. All the very best for tomorrow.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Sounds like it’s stacking up nicely. All the very best for tomorrow.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Starting to finally get somewhere Pete. Hopefully get a full time start in class 2 and sometime next year I will be back to Mansfield for the class 1. :smiley:

I’d go in smart clean work wear, not the crutchless trousers you’ll actually wear when you start! :open_mouth:
Ensure you have all you need to start there and then, as you’ll probably be expected to do an assessment drive.

And if I was you i’d ask as many questions you can about a typical days work.
i.e. what’s the procedure in the morning, how are the loads secured, who do you call for xyz, where do you refuel. etc…
Basically all the stuff that makes the employer think you’re keen and eager to learn.
Don’t just grunt! :laughing:

Best of luck pal, you deserve it… :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
I’d go in smart clean work wear, not the crutchless trousers you’ll actually wear when you start! :open_mouth:
Ensure you have all you need to start there and then, as you’ll probably be expected to do an assessment drive.

And if I was you i’d ask as many questions you can about a typical days work.
i.e. what’s the procedure in the morning, how are the loads secured, who do you call for xyz, where do you refuel. etc…
Basically all the stuff that makes the employer think you’re keen and eager to learn.
Don’t just grunt! :laughing:

Best of luck pal, you deserve it… :smiley:

Cheers Evil few very good pointers there. I badgered him today about the routes etc but of course it will be more thorough tomorrow. Cheers mate!

Newbie1985:
Cheers Evil few very good pointers there. I badgered him today about the routes etc but of course it will be more thorough tomorrow. Cheers mate!

No worries mate, I know you will be fine as you’re not a muppet from your posts…
An employer will be assessing any Newbie on a lot more than just their driving ability during the assessment/interview.
They want to know that this unknown entity that they are are about to send out in say a 60k truck is going to make the right decisions when things possibly go a bit Pete Tong, and that comes from what you say and ask, not by how well you take a corner…

They know you are new, so they won’t care if ask a potentially silly question, they will appreciate that you ask questions and want learn! :wink:

P.S. When you ge the job, don’t leave the depot until you know exactly how the tail-lift works! :laughing:

If you need interview advice, I am your man…had more than hot dinners :wink:

Been offered a trial day Wednesday and if I like the job I can start after I’ve given a weeks notice to my current company. Only thing that’s slightly put me off is taking a wage drop, but if I want the experience I guess I’m going to have to take it.

Was it with Pearce or someone else in the end?

Nice one pal! :smiley:
Best of luck…

Hope it goes well on Wednesday. Being the eternal optimist, maybe the wages will end up better than you thought with overtime etc. Maybe not - but worth a try!

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Reef:

Yes with them mate. Weighing everything up at moment to see what’s best.

Peter Smythe:
Hope it goes well on Wednesday. Being the eternal optimist, maybe the wages will end up better than you thought with overtime etc. Maybe not - but worth a try!

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Pete with the hours offered it would bring it to roughly what I’m on now and ain’t that far to travel so fuel cost will be low for me. They did mention that they put drivers through to class 1 if they want to after a certain amount of time there.

Newbie1985:

Reef:

Yes with them mate. Weighing everything up at moment to see what’s best.

You could do a lot worse for a new start out, best of luck buddy, keep us updated, who knows I may end up back there myself in the next year or so. :wink: