Hope the deer was ok

Joking aside ( driver seems) ok , how the hell has this happened , did a car brake causing lorry to take avoiding action , lorry driver swerved & lost control , I just go straight for peacocks / rabbits , though mrs did call be a ■■■■■■■ once for flattening a bunny ha ha
Hell of a crash for a deer crossing the road whatever happened

Driver prob had a little snooze & came up with the deer story i bet. I mean you’d have to be pretty dopey to crash like that swerving for a deer :smiling_imp:

Yes.

Thats why the majority of heavy trucks up here have the ‘animal bars’ on the front,Better to hit the deer\moose or whatever & do small damage to the front than turn the whole rig over,usually the damage is minimal as you normally just swipe them aside…Insurance pay for reindeer\damage.

hutpik:
Thats why the majority of heavy trucks up here have the ‘animal bars’ on the front,Better to hit the deer\moose or whatever & do small damage to the front than turn the whole rig over,usually the damage is minimal as you normally just swipe them aside…Insurance pay for reindeer\damage.

Not such good news with cars of course.
The bonnet takes out the spindly legs, and the heavy carcass slides very nicely up the bonnet and through a windscreen.

Thats why most cars have the extra spotlights on the front,so one can see a longer distance in the dark,also we have a special addition on the insurance to cover ‘wild animals’ damage.

I saw a photo once of a driver on the middle east run who hit a camel head on. It wrote his truck off.

A fox ran out in front of me in the dark one early morning. It went under the car and took out the bottom radiator hose. I`d not long left home so with luck got home OK.
Even relatively small critters can wreck your day. Not as bad as their day maybe!