hope for newbies

not long since i finished my class1 training. now this is my ride.
stick with it, the work is there.
fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ … 6930f22b42

not sure why i posted this ■■■■■ picture!! this is nuch better!!!

fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ … d84bb06121

Nice
What’s the pay and hours like?

Not let you have a euro 6 FH? Still nice pic though. :slight_smile:

£10 per hour. i do 4 on 4 off, start at around 3 am. theres plenty of shifts to choose from though. I drive the euro 6 more than this one. you dont get your own cab here, different truck every day, not tramping though so it doesnt bother me. weve got loads of the fh volvos (old and new) and a few merc actros, but everyone avoids those!!

Nice 1 :smiley:

4 on 4 off would be perfect for me , im only a C driver but next year if goes well im going for full fat class 1 , My dream is to drive a Artic sad I know :laughing:

rick parfitt:
£10 per hour. i do 4 on 4 off, start at around 3 am. theres plenty of shifts to choose from though. I drive the euro 6 more than this one. you dont get your own cab here, different truck every day, not tramping though so it doesnt bother me. weve got loads of the fh volvos (old and new) and a few merc actros, but everyone avoids those!!

That’s decent. I could live with 4 on 4 off -I do 4 on 3 off now. I hope to start with something like this anyway, I have a tesco depot up my road that pays a similar rate and I believe they take on noobs as long as you pass the assessment.

I believe the assessment at Tesco involves counting to 3,and sticking an ice cream cone on your forehead.

Brilliant

How did you find it getting used to the reversing and manoeuvring around side of things,
Must admit is my biggest worry regarding being new on the c+e side of things.

Scott88:
How did you find it getting used to the reversing and manoeuvring around side of things,
Must admit is my biggest worry regarding being new on the c+e side of things.

Scott don’t worry about this - everyone has to learn and its purely down to practice. If in doubt just ask another driver for help and generally you will get it.