Hope for newbies

Well, 4 months after my journey began of having a medical, the journey is now complete.

Got offered a job today driving for Stobbies, not everybodies cup of tea I now but for a inexperienced guy like me it’s a good thing to see a big name company going down the route of new drivers.

Just goes to show that there is hope out there of going direct with companies rather than agencies for the new drivers :slight_smile: .

Many congratulations mate. Don’t mind giving us more info on the job. What will you be doing trunking/ tramping? etc. Also where will you be based n if you applied direct to stobbies. And all important monies rate lol. Don’t have to answer last one.

As above buddy bery well done bet your well pleased.

Anymore info??

Nice one, well done.

Based at Sherburn, on nights, money is good, massive jump compared to the peanuts I get paid for working in a warehouse lol. And yeah applied directly through the website, passed the initial vetting process, then second stage, had assessment and interview, and obviously all went well.

neilp1982:
Well, 4 months after my journey began of having a medical, the journey is now complete.

Got offered a job today driving for Stobbies, not everybodies cup of tea I now but for a inexperienced guy like me it’s a good thing to see a big name company going down the route of new drivers.

Just goes to show that there is hope out there of going direct with companies rather than agencies for the new drivers :slight_smile: .

Well done Neil Its really pleasing to see my ex trainees finding work. No doubt I will see you about.

All the best

Paul :smiley:

Great stuff Neil. Behalf of all the newbies thanks a lot for taking the time to spread some positivity. When you’re spending almost 3k on something it’s hard to read negative comments.