Hope Driver is OK

From HighwaysNWEST twitter feed 5 hours ago

Collision at #M6 #27 south. This is one of the vehicles involved.

That does not look very survivable to be honest. Serious injuries at the very least judging by the picture and mess of the cab.

But I do hope the driver is OK.

If this is a British cab then all damage is on the drivers side, so it doesn’t look good for the driver. Having said that, it would be weird for an official highways Twitter account to share a picture if there was a fatality involved, so it might not be as bad as it looks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Given the road has been reopened again unlikely to be a fatality thankfully. According to Google maps its open.

So sounds like a very lucky driver.

Twitter feed gives a slightly wider pic but no more details. According to another source there were 3 trucks and 2 cars involved (cant find anymore info). How the heck anyone would get out of that in one piece is anyones guess.

TNCSI hat: Couldn’t see the trailer in front due to the horrific rain…ok, that didn’t require inspector clusoe.

twitter.com/HighwaysNWEST/statu … 92608?s=19

Looks like he’s run into the back of a trailer in front, or took avoiding action, but still hit it with his offside. Multiple vehicles involved, so not a “medical issue” but more likely tailgating or simply not paying attention.

RIPPER:
From HighwaysNWEST twitter feed 5 hours ago

Collision at #M6 #27 south. This is one of the vehicles involved.

Look at the state of the front axle. I don’t know how that would have been caused by running into the back of another trailer unless it was an extremely low one.
Lucky boy if he made it out of that though.

CookieMonster:
If this is a British cab then all damage is on the drivers side, so it doesn’t look good for the driver. Having said that, it would be weird for an official highways Twitter account to share a picture if there was a fatality involved, so it might not be as bad as it looks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hopefully not a fatal, for the reasons you state, they wouldn`t publish pictures.
Looks like a UK truck: 6 wheel unit and trailer looks too tall for EU, 4.0 metre normally. Fingers crossed for the driver, whoever they are.

I drove past this going NB Saturday morning. Cars were on a recovery truck. An HGV recovery truck was hooked up to the other HGV involved and there was a crane there I’m guessing about to recover the one in the picture here.

All I can say is there was no police there, no collision investigation, and no screens up so I’m hoping from that, fingers crossed the driver was somehow very lucky.

What happens to drivers that survive nasty looking impacts like this?

I mean the “consequences at the office” kinda thing?

Winseer:
What happens to drivers that survive nasty looking impacts like this?

I mean the “consequences at the office” kinda thing?

I’d hope if not the drivers fault then the ‘consequences at the office ‘ should be dire for them if not supporting driver!

Won’t be but hey ho can hope !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk