hooklift?

hi, does anyone on here operate a hooklift mixer unit■■?

can the mixer be used as an ordinary mixer truck?? as i,ve never seen one operate this way, only the mixer off the truck on sites…

just wondering how stable the mixer unit will be if used on truck??

cheers

Usually the non truck mounted ones are mounted on a skid rather than a roll off type pallet. Often delivered with a Hiab carrying all the other crap needed by the pilers.

thats what i was thinking, would have thought that the mixer would be too unstable to be used on the truck? am i right?

dle1uk:
hi, does anyone on here operate a hooklift mixer unit■■?

can the mixer be used as an ordinary mixer truck?? as i,ve never seen one operate this way, only the mixer off the truck on sites…

just wondering how stable the mixer unit will be if used on truck??

cheers

do you mean premix mortar silo’s with the electric mixer attached to the bottom, just need power and water connecting once delivered to site?
These are loaded & delivered to site by the hooklift method and then topped up by a standard powder tank.if so then google CPI Euromix & if this is the type you mean and you require further info just shout

basically i,m thinking of getting one truck to do a number of jobs to local farms, hence the hooklift, thinking of skips, tipper body and the concrete mixer to deliver ready mix , but this is where i,m wondering wether it will work with a hooklift mixer drum?? driven mixers before and understand the weight and momentum of the drum so concerned if it would work…

I’m not sure about how it would affect things or not, I can’t recall ever seeing an agitator drum being moved any other way than moving it with a crane using it’s lifting eyes. I’d often thought that a hooklift version would make moving them easier but I suppose a transport firm can use their 6 wheeler Hiab to try and find a return load whereas a hookloader running back empty is unlikely to find any sort of work.

I’d suggest speaking to http://www.utranazz.com they seem to be the people for mixers & drums etc. If anyone has done it I’m sure they’d know about it.

dle1uk:
basically i,m thinking of getting one truck to do a number of jobs to local farms, hence the hooklift, thinking of skips, tipper body and the concrete mixer to deliver ready mix , but this is where i,m wondering wether it will work with a hooklift mixer drum?? driven mixers before and understand the weight and momentum of the drum so concerned if it would work…

Try Googling Huntsmans Quarries. Cotswold firm that I’ve heard operate a hooklift on premix and tipper work, usually blockstone when no concrete work. I would think because of the tare weight of hookloaders, a hook/mix unit on an 8 wheeler would only be able to have a 6■■■ drum instead of an 8.

dle1uk:
basically i,m thinking of getting one truck to do a number of jobs to local farms, hence the hooklift, thinking of skips, tipper body and the concrete mixer to deliver ready mix ,

I did a stint at a waste paper place driving a hooklift and they had a custom built curtainsider body made up to take cages and pallets. Felt well dodgy on corners when loaded with cages due to the higher centre of gravity but it did the job. Just thought I’d let you know such things exist…