Hook loader/hiab work

Hi everyone, I have been a member of this forum for a little while, not a frequent poster but a frequent reader, i work for family run firm in south Wales that builds sports grounds and play facilities.

Its my dad that owns and runs the firm, my brother is a surveyor and contracts manager and I run the transport and plant along with most of our larger natural grass sites.

We have just changed our O license from restricted to national as we have bought a new truck and would like to be able to hire it out along with our other truck when we are not as busy. I would ideally like a regular 2-3 days work a week for each.

My question is: does anyone know of any regular work for hook loaders (long distance is fine as the cab is a sleeper) and Hiab work? (Medium to long distance work is fine)

We currently own 3 vehicles, a old M reg 7.5 tonne tipper with a selection of 3 trailers, this is handy for us but we don’t intend to hire it as its old and shagged out!

The second is a scania tractor unit with a large 55t Hiab, this is then accompanied by a 3 axle step frame trailer with cheese wedge ramps at the back for over hanging containers or loading our plant and agricultural equipment, this trailer also has rear steer and a front lift axle.

The final vehicle is a brand new MAN 6 wheel rear steer hook loader and a custom 3 axle drawbar trailer with front lift axle and ramps at front and back to load plant onto the trucks plant puller body. This combination can carry 2 roll on roll off skips, pallets, plant, agricultural and even 2 x 20ft containers.

Francis

I would post that at " Qwner and Fleet Operator forum" just next Door

Ok thanks ive just copied it over, is there a way of deleting this one?

Francis

ibson:
Ok thanks ive just copied it over, is there a way of deleting this one?

Hiya if you like click on the box next to the quote box, it will say edit. you can delete the wording
and leave the subject blank. i can’nt see any reason not to leave it on this page.
this page will disapear into the distance within a week.
John