Honest drivers?

Sadly today i was in my own world today…And reversed on to the wrong bay…ie double decker on to a smaller bay,caused abit of damage.

Has this happened to anyone else?Honest accident.I reported it straight away but you know what company bosses are like…over reacted but i kept my cool and just gave my details.

happened to me through impatience when I drove into our warehouse and took out the shutter which was half open [or half closed whichever way you see it ]Embarrassing was a bit of an understatement,management felt the need to tell me how much it cost to repair a week later

I wrecked an electric gate about 4 years ago. Was a transverse, across the road type electric gate.
I had to back through the gate and punched in the number on the key pad, jumped back in the seat. Mate in a car drove through first behind me, I then began backing through and looking at my NS mirror so as not catch it on a wall, it was tight both sides and pitch dark.
By now and unbeknown to me, the gate had started to close again and before I looked in my O.S mirror, I’d ripped the bugger right off its wheels and bent a lot of other bits and pieces.
There was also smoke coming from the electrical cabinet next to the gate as it was trying to close, all bent and jammed up! :laughing: :laughing:
Bent the rear bar on the motor and smashed a rear light cluster.
I phoned my boss and HE decided to keep it quiet :laughing:
Lesson learned, its now easier to drive in and back out.

■■■■ happens! No one has a perfect day all the time. No one hurt and it’s almost the day before Friday so alls good!

Got giving the number of a lane to go in when boarding the train once and as I go in said lane the barrier comes down :open_mouth:
About 6" from where I’m from so I hit it and it bounces off the front of the truck and is left dangling down by the side of me :grimacing:

Didn’t leave a mark!!

London City college.

getting backed out by some spotty oik while its ■■■■■■■ down with rain, i didn’t see the electric gate and hit it hard enough to knock it off the runners and out of action for a week :grimacing:

lost count of how many senior members of staff came out to swear at me, I just said sorry and smiled. accidents happen.

I’ve been called “dishonest” for causing some damage, owning up straight away - but nominating the wrong thing I hit! (I put ‘a kerb’ instead of ‘a low wall’… :blush: )
Ripped off a mudguard…

It always makes me laugh when you go somewhere and they say watch out for this or that gatepost or fence followed by ‘a lot of lorries have knocked it over or hit it’.

Well if they have lorries in and out all the time when they’re putting it back up again do they never think of doing it so it’s a bit less tight?

truckman020:
happened to me through impatience when I drove into our warehouse and took out the shutter which was half open [or half closed whichever way you see it ]Embarrassing was a bit of an understatement,management felt the need to tell me how much it cost to repair a week later

Saw a forklift do the same thing. Next day the boss started having a whinge to me about the flt driver not looking. He went all quiet when I asked which prat left the shutter halfway, then I was told by someone else that it was that same boss. :unamused: :unamused:

Gembo:
I wrecked an electric gate about 4 years ago. Was a transverse, across the road type electric gate.
I had to back through the gate and punched in the number on the key pad, jumped back in the seat. Mate in a car drove through first behind me, I then began backing through and looking at my NS mirror so as not catch it on a wall, it was tight both sides and pitch dark.
By now and unbeknown to me, the gate had started to close again and before I looked in my O.S mirror, I’d ripped the bugger right off its wheels and bent a lot of other bits and pieces.
There was also smoke coming from the electrical cabinet next to the gate as it was trying to close, all bent and jammed up! :laughing: :laughing:
Bent the rear bar on the motor and smashed a rear light cluster.
I phoned my boss and HE decided to keep it quiet :laughing:
Lesson learned, its now easier to drive in and back out.

Love that bit…

accidents happen its a fact of life but some people’s reaction is to far over the top bent metal can be repaired

Having worked for a company repairing shutters and seeing how often they get hit,i decided when I got a job working in a factory that had quite a few deliveries to impose a rule that the door was fully open or shut, never ever half way.

Only way to go.