Homemade campervans

As we “might” be moving out of present house, into a rented ex holiday home on a farm and its a 2 berth, in which the dining area converts into a sleeping area.
However me being the gentleman Ive let my brother and mum have the proper bedrooms, and yes I know Im 27 and still living with my mum but I had no choice, so whilst at work and bored out of my mind driving between Hook and Alton for a couple of hours Ihit on the brainwave of buying a cheap old van (an LDV Convoy - for the headroom- or an LDV Pilot, ex Royal Mail).
However the other day I had a though of buying an old caravan and gutting it out for the useful bits like sinks, beds and cupboards etc or building my own bits.
Has anybody done this or have got any tips?

DAF95XF:
As we “might” be moving out of present house, into a rented ex holiday home on a farm and its a 2 berth, in which the dining area converts into a sleeping area.
However me being the gentleman Ive let my brother and mum have the proper bedrooms, and yes I know Im 27 and still living with my mum but I had no choice, so whilst at work and bored out of my mind driving between Hook and Alton for a couple of hours Ihit on the brainwave of buying a cheap old van (an LDV Convoy - for the headroom- or an LDV Pilot, ex Royal Mail).
However the other day I had a though of buying an old caravan and gutting it out for the useful bits like sinks, beds and cupboards etc or building my own bits.
Has anybody done this or have got any tips?

You will find all the info you need on sbmcc.co.uk/forum/ ,I’ve been thinking of doing one for ages , hope this helps.Mike

Theres been a few bits lately that I have been too and theres been old cheap campervans parked in the car parks… Im guessing with work being quiet men are actually going out looking for work and instead of re-routing the whole family they just sleep in these campervans through the week and home at weekends. Last week I was at Enfield and parked up outside the big Holiday Inn, when I got up I went to close the back door to find a GEORDIE in a Berlingo van with the sleeping gear in the back of the van, he was telling me hes doing cabling work around that Solar way Ind Est and it was cheaoper than a B&B/hotel and there were showers etc on his work site.

It’s very nice Malc but I am not too sure about the wood burning stove :unamused: .