Home tacho reader?

Are these available to anyones knowledge? It would be good to be able to see how many hours i’ve logged at the end of the week to see whether i can legally work a weekend day.

The readers are cheap but the software to understand the data is what costs. A quick google should give you plenty of places to buy from.

MikeDBristol:
Are these available to anyones knowledge? It would be good to be able to see how many hours i’ve logged at the end of the week to see whether i can legally work a weekend day.

tachodisc.co.uk/tachograph-p … -version-3

Cheers guys. I think it’ll be worth the money to invest in one.

edit: scrap that, I’ve just seen the Trucker Timer app which will do the same thing for £3 odd. that’ll do

if you only want to see the data on your card you can use sourceforge.net/projects/readesm … m/2011-10/ which is free
or use globofleet to analyze it
my card reader was £12 off ebay and globofleet was £60 odd when i bought it, all data is stored on my laptop and there’s no monthly fees

205:
if you only want to see the data on your card you can use sourceforge.net/projects/readesm … m/2011-10/ which is free
my card reader was £12 off ebay and globofleet was £60 odd when i bought it, all data is stored on my laptop and there’s no monthly fees

Is this the reader you got?

ebay.co.uk/itm/EU-SHIPPING-S … 1c4b933c85

and does it work ok?

I just keep a diary of what I’ve worked, got a new one for this year from rekordit.co.uk

woodie67:

205:

Is this the reader you got?

ebay.co.uk/itm/EU-SHIPPING-S … 1c4b933c85

and does it work ok?

I’ve no idea if that card reader will read driver cards but this one certainly will:
OMNIKEY 3121 (HID) CardMan USB Smartcard Reader

You’ll see lots of card readers the same as this one wearing various names but I suspect they’re mostly company branded Omnikey readers, I could be wrong though :wink:

As far as the readsm software is concerned I haven’t been able to get it to work, but it seems to be only for 32 bit machines and I have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine so I assume that’s the problem, for me it installs and opens but that’s as far as it goes.

Free and legal software.
Check this website:

tachoplus.com/en/home/15-tac … freedriver

Buy yourself an USB-cardreader

Even the English version is halve German language but it’s all plain simple en due to icons you don’t really need to read instructions. You can see the output (card data) on screen of course and also print it or save it as .pdf file and store the files.

I have got Gemalto smart card reader which costs few pounds (the cheapest one - £6.90) on Ebay at the moment. Nice and simply. You can choose Tachomaster which gives you all details on your driving day and it costs £4.80 monthly and paid by direct debit.

Debian:
Free and legal software.
Check this website:

tachoplus.com/en/home/15-tac … freedriver

Buy yourself an USB-cardreader

Even the English version is halve German language but it’s all plain simple en due to icons you don’t really need to read instructions. You can see the output (card data) on screen of course and also print it or save it as .pdf file and store the files.

Thanks, will check out over weekend. Can you check your weekly average?

MikeDBristol:
Thanks, will check out over weekend. Can you check your weekly average?

It’s not automatically calculated.
You can create week summarys wich makes it easyer to calculate yourself.

There is an option which shows how much driving time left to:
break (4,5 hr)
daylimit (9 or 10 hr)
week limit
fortnight limit

Here’s another option to read your drivercard.

chipdrive.de/index.php/en/sm … ion-v3.htm

It’s paid.
There’s a 30 day version available.

Tachomaster is my tool of choice, £1 a week and everything is analysed, WTD, Infringements… everything. Card readers are about £5 off amazon

Nifty app too for your phone.

From this side I also use “GloboFleet Card Control Plus Software”. It cost around 63£ (75€ since I am from Portugal) google it for, for download version, and I can you all your times in a front panel, faults as other information that are stored ir tachocard. They have a cheap version called “GloboFleet Card Control Software”, not “Plus”, but on this cheaper version you can see all your times, but not the faults as other things. So for 40£ more on the case of this software, is my opinion that “Plus” version worth it. You can export them as .ddd file or excel or printed. They already have solutions with card reader, but you can buy a cheap “identity card reader” from online Ebay or Amazon, as others already tell you.

For me and for my personal case, is more than useful, I keep it on my laptop and even when I on the road I can check every thing (normally once a week or on the end of the work day. You can check everything in tacograph, but for me is a good tool.

Feel free to ask.

Regards to all.

Jorge
(sorry for vocabulary, since I am Portuguese, hope that you can understand, sorry :confused: )

Speak to your TM if they are using software such as Tachomaster you can be given your own login to have access to your driving records.

I use Digifob to download and I can read my card any time, has a display build in to it.
This is where I got it from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/digifob-3-instant-digital-tachograph-driver-card-reader-/321658630353?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item4ae45930d1

Pitstop do a driver version for £60 , you’ll need a card reader ( I got mine off eBay )

I also use Globofleet which is just one-off payment of £63 and you can download any digi card for free of charge.