Home bargains store deliveries

As title, is there anyone who does them can give some info on what the job is like etc? Any advice appreciated :smiley:

Al

I have done store deliveries for a previous employer. I found it to be straight forward. Arrive; offload cages yourself, no assistance from store. Once offloaded, put empty cages full of flattened cardboard on the trailer and depart.
Occasionally the loaders would throw packets of kitchen rolls on top of the cages if the trailer was fully loaded. When the trailer is collected in Liverpool, the back is secured by a seal so as a driver you can’t check it.
Apart from that easy money for a little bit of effort.

Currently work for these at the min its not the worst job but it aint the best, most of the drivers have a got some problem with the job but its like that everywere you work. Good money for todays climate the off loadin aint great all 3 sided cages not shrink wrapped all stock falin on your, same with empty cages collected as soon as you move them cardboard all over the place. Most of the cages are broke. There startin to get more into double decker delivering aswell but i crack on with it for the money.

For me its ok but the rota will do your head in they tell your on your interview you start between 4-7am if on days 5-7 days then have your startin at 8 an 9 am which i kicked off about, an tryin make ur work 4 day weeks coz thats the way the rota falls didt tell me that on me interview plus first 4 weeks of employment you will be on a reduced rate didt tell me that either. Also by the look of it most of the newbies are gonna end up on sundays that there introducing. Im currently lookin for suttin else but the money is ok £10.44ph time and half after 8 and time an half for workin saturday/sunday even if its counted as your working week, 42 hour week nights are on salary at about £33000 job and knock. But you will work for your money depends what drops you get i suppose some easier than others hope this helps :slight_smile:

like the guys said its only as good as you make it. work for sub-contractor delivering to homebargain shops in scotland, or running down to liverpool and back to yard and the odd delivery on way back up road sometimes. drivers wages lot better in liverpool than what we get up here but its allways been that way no matter what type of trailer your pulling! personally i like the job, wouldn’t go back to tippers now unless i was really needing money.its a clean job, no one ranting down phone for an extra load to be done! ups and downs like every job but lot of drivers jacked without giving job a chance.good luck mate.

i work for sub contractor as well,it’s exactly as mate diddy explained, our firm do all of south wales mostly double deckers (i had one today)mostly two drop’s sometimes three,some of the shops are old kwiksave where urban trailers were used to deliver so a right pain in the arse with a d/d.we’re on a lot less money than the t j morris drivers as well,but at the end of the day it’s a job and certainely keep’s you fit.i’d rather be doing this than waiting around a rdc for hours on end.go for it.