Home Bargains. Amesbury, new RDC

I went past the new RDC that Home Bargains are building at Solstice Park the other day. I was quite surprised by the size of the place. Is there transport in house or contracted out ?.

In recent times I have seen NR Evans pulling their trailers and I’m sure I’ve seen Owens pulling them in the past too.

Ex Haulier:
I went past the new RDC that Home Bargains are building at Solstice Park the other day. I was quite surprised by the size of the place. Is there transport in house or contracted out ?.

It’s a fair size to say the least, will need an army to run it all i’m guessing which is good news for the locals .

Pringles Haulage have the contract for Scotland, Been in the Liverpool RDC and seen quite a few HomeBargains tractors in the yard

theretailbulletin.com/news/h … _10-10-13/

reportedly creating 1200 jobs, and costing 70 million to build :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Never been in one but assume they’re a pound shop type thing of the B&M type. Do really wonder if the country needs another 300 of them.

On site shop opens 22/11. There is a training centre and the RDC is scheduled to open in June 2015. I have heard they will need 170 drivers.

In house for the Liverpool RDC but as others have said they do also use other firms. Owens, Pringle NR Evans etc. Also I get lots of texts from agencies for work there.

They must (■■) be doing well as they have buit a new DC just across the road from the existing Liverpool one.

My mate has just got a job in the Liverpool RDC and he reckons that they are to become salaried early next year. he likes the job.

“Our Home Bargains distribution centre will be among the most advanced in Western Europe, thanks to our sophisticated electronic picking system, with the technology developed in-house”

Yeah right, makes me laugh that one, you go in for your shift only to be told that they are running 3 hours behind, so you have to wait around with 30 or 40 other drivers waiting to be loaded, but you are still expected to complete all the drops on your sheet.
One of the reasons I got out

N r evens have the south wales contract owens had it before them. From what i been told its long hours but they do it as tramping not day work. And paid by the shift rather than on the hour.

shake:
In house for the Liverpool RDC but as others have said they do also use other firms. Owens, Pringle NR Evans etc. Also I get lots of texts from agencies for work there.

They must (■■) be doing well as they have buit a new DC just across the road from the existing Liverpool one.

My mate has just got a job in the Liverpool RDC and he reckons that they are to become salaried early next year. he likes the job.

I used to do the Home Bargains work for NR Evans out of Hilton Derbyshire, work came from the Liverpool depot and either the night trunkers would collect the trailer from Liverpool and bring it back to our depot (we then delivered to whichever store(s) in East Anglia or the South East) or we would collect the trailer ourselves from Liverpool then do a store(s) in either the East or West Midlands. Easy enough work - most days was 1 store delivery on a normal artic trailer or 2 on the double decker’s. Easy work if you don’t mind the usual store delivery type retail work (which I love). Unload cages on tail-lift or on bay and load up with empties and rubbish. Most days 9-11 hours. Once you got to know the stores and more importantly the staff you knew the ones where you could have a chat and more importantly they’d always make you a cup of tea.