Holyhead Docks

Said Id do nights next week as usual lad in on holiday.

Will be running over to Holyhead, dropping trailer and bringing one back off ferry.

Been told shipping Stena, and will be using lane 5 once in dock?

Any tips/info would be great as never done this kind of work before.

Cheers

Go to booth as you go in. Get told where to go, go there and the drivers facilities are in front of you. That’s it!

Terminal 5. They’ll give you lane to drop it in at check in. Terminal 5 is furthest away terminal. That’s it really. Trailer will be next to where you drop it or in trailer park.

As has been said terminal 5, lane 501, if 501 is full 502. Sometimes stena staff hanging around terminal 5 will ask you to drop it elsewhere nearby. As you are heading towards term 5 trailer park is on your left, usually find your empty there, though it is worth keeping your eyes open driving through the port as trailers can be dropped in other places. if you are pushed for hours try avoid leaving the port between 00:15 and 00:45 ish, boats arrive around this time and leaving can be a little slow.

Nice one, cheers for the replies

Remember to watch your speed on the a55 going to and from the dock,if your not in too much of a hurry its best to keep to 50mph max dont drive on the limiter at 56mph,the police and vosa are about a lot up that neck of the woods.

CALUM:
Remember to watch your speed on the a55 going to and from the dock,if your not in too much of a hurry its best to keep to 50mph max dont drive on the limiter at 56mph,the police and vosa are about a lot up that neck of the woods.

And fit the lights are flashing at vally go into check point, if you look OK you`ll probably be waved back out, drive past, pulled by next junction and taken back and offered no vaseline :cry:

pig pen:

CALUM:

And fit the lights are flashing at vally go into check point, if you look OK you`ll probably be waved back out, drive past, pulled by next junction and taken back and offered no vaseline :cry:

pig pen:

CALUM:

Read ‘look ok’ as ‘have UK plates’

switchlogic:

pig pen:

CALUM:

Read ‘look ok’ as ‘have UK plates’

lol but they are getting better 3 of us on Donegal plates were waved thru a couple of weeks back much to the annoyance of the English plated maxi subbie who was being given the full works

Indeed and to be fair I nearly always get waved through too.

I got stopped at that one when working for the since bankrupt Target Express EIRE plates (to be expected) when I stopped I said hello to the Vosa man and he was shocked (as I was based in Telford on night trunks) to hear an English voice so it was check of licence/EU authorisation and bye bye.

I used to drive for grays skip hire in Holyhead and have been in that Vosa station anything upto 5 times in a day! Most of the time just got waved through but did go through my tachos once or twice a month.

I find once the regular vosa men have checked you out a few times and see you are all 100% and courteous they remember you and wave you on, also dont be afraid to ask the office staff,security or shunter driver for a bit of advice on the layout or rules of said port thats new to you,i find if you let them know with a joke you are a newbie or new to hat layout they will direct you to the right direction.

good luck if your looking for a plain blue cutrainsider

Discodave:
I got stopped at that one when working for the since bankrupt Target Express EIRE plates (to be expected) when I stopped I said hello to the Vosa man and he was shocked (as I was based in Telford on night trunks) to hear an English voice so it was check of licence/EU authorisation and bye bye.

Discodave? Would it not let you have doggingdave?

Best way to deal with vosa is to cross the bridge round the rounda about n double back on yourself, 90% the time the vosa on the bridge r too busy talkin n watchin traffic to notice, allways worked for me anyways!

truckerbob:

Discodave:

Discodave? Would it not let you have doggingdave?

Best way to deal with vosa is to cross the bridge round the rounda about n double back on yourself, 90% the time the vosa on the bridge r too busy talkin n watchin traffic to notice, allways worked for me anyways!

My mate was known as dogger and my nickname was disco as when I sign my name as my middle name is john hense D J it stuck from when I very first became a HGV driver well known at Clarkes Transport as Disco