Hollies Truck Stop A5 Gailey

Glad that they seem to be bucking the recession and doing SO well they can turn business away…for example…

I was in a bit of a rush yesterday morning due to a breakdown and needed a sarnie so I called up to place an order for when I would be passing in the wagon. I got a rude woman on the phone who told me she was too busy to take my order before slamming the phone down!

Excellent customer service Hollies.
I shall now be using the alternative truck stop café on the opposite side of the road who were tastier, cheaper, and so much more friendly.

I started using the other truck stop some years ago, the food and the cafe it’s self went down the pan at hollies years ago, although it has had a refurbishment since i can’t say if the quality of the food has improved or not, but it sounds like the service aint done

tommy t:
I started using the other truck stop some years ago, the food and the cafe it’s self went down the pan at hollies years ago, although it has had a refurbishment since i can’t say if the quality of the food has improved or not, but it sounds like the service aint done

It seems like at the weekends they give more of a ■■■■ about wannabe truckers than the real thing!

I go in the hollies quite a lot and find all the staff quite polite and the food is decent in there and all the facilities, must of caught someone on a bad day mate as I’ve never had a bad experience in there

I found The Hollies food to be very good.And good value for money.Lots of choice.All the staff were friendly.
New hotel there now and barbers upstairs.
Excellent showers.
Bar there and small counter with truck bits and nobs.
The owner is building a 200 space truckstop in Liverpool.

I am guessing it was very busy when you phoned in for the sarnie.

Kevwall:
I go in the hollies quite a lot and find all the staff quite polite and the food is decent in there and all the facilities, must of caught someone on a bad day mate as I’ve never had a bad experience in there

Same here, stayed overnight a few times and often call in during the day, good quality food and everyone usually very friendly. Can’t say I’ve ever tried the other truckstop though.

Kevwall:

Yep, same here.

I used to visit a lot, and then it went pants, so I shopped around, but now I’m a hollies fan again, it must have had that ‘magic woman touch’ :grimacing:

blame it on pmt and being stressed out m8 ,she will, :frowning:

I believe they’re holding a truck show at it in May time.

The person who owns it apparently owns BetFred doesn’t he and his plan is to have a chain of them across the country, hopefully that’s true !

Kevwall
You are right Feed Done owner of betfred is going to open more truckstops

The best places to stop have always been:
in no particular order:
and this is just my humble opinion:

The hollies. (plenty of choice)
The conservatory cafe, knowsley industrial park. (belly buster breakfast)
junction 26 truckstop m25. (propper sausages)
And a little cafe on the A23 brighton rd, on the corner of woodplace lane. just south of coulsdon. well worth going out of your way for.

It’s a S hole,rude staff with cheap nasty food,and if you put a bad review on Tripadvisor the Co owner Emails you and requested you take it down !!

Stopped there last weekend for the 1st time.
Truck park is abit rough, and it was busy in the caff, but found it clean and tidy and the food was good at a reasonable price. Shower hot and powerful, but could have done with a clean.
I’d def stop again, and handy that its open of a weekend.

limeyphil:
The best places to stop have always been:
in no particular order:
and this is just my humble opinion:

The hollies. (plenty of choice)
The conservatory cafe, knowsley industrial park. (belly buster breakfast)
junction 26 truckstop m25. (propper sausages)
And a little cafe on the A23 brighton rd, on the corner of woodplace lane. just south of coulsdon. well worth going out of your way for.

phil the café on the a23 is that the brekker café? used to use it myself yrs ago.
regards dave

Does anyone remember the Indian guy who sold watches in the hollies? I think it was in the 80s.

tts2000:
It’s a S hole,rude staff with cheap nasty food,and if you put a bad review on Tripadvisor the Co owner Emails you and requested you take it down !!

Are you talking about a different place? :confused: Staff are polite (if not the fastest), the place is clean, the food is fresh, the lorry park has been (partly) resurfaced and the showers are good. WTF do you want?

The Sarge:

tts2000:

Are you talking about a different place? :confused: Staff are polite (if not the fastest), the place is clean, the food is fresh, the lorry park has been (partly) resurfaced and the showers are good. WTF do you want?

It was his 5th post, maybe he owns 1 of the competing truck stops? Or wants the place to himself?? :grimacing:

If you want a ■■■■ hole go to Swindon truckstop place is a depressing site especially the amount of signs that remind you the countries in recession now that’s a ■■■■ hole hollies is far from that

Swindon back of beyond ,time warp truckstop,with the broken shower that looks like a murder scene from CSI with all the marker tape on the door.
The food is not the best.Most drivers walk over to Sainsbury’ s next door to buy food.
The bar at the back is shut.In the evening,the kitchen shuts early for hot meals.
If going there,cross over the pedestrian bridge to the other side of the roundabout.
Large family pub/restaurant with real ales and decent pub grub.
Attractive staff.
If adventurous,a taxi to town or bus that stops by the truckstop on the main road.
The hotel on the roundabout does meals but are pricey.