Holland & Belgium loads please

Hello we are Based in Colchester and we run to Belgium and Holland every week but some times find it hard to get loads out, or if i do they seem to be really rubish rates, IE (we will pay the ferry and give you £50 to deliver to Venlo) er no thanks,

so just thought if any one new of a good company (good payers) in the Essex,Kent,suffolk or norfolk

i have grain bulkers, and 4m euroliners.

also is £1.40 per mile for europen work good or not good■■?

i would like your advise please,

thankyou for your help.
regards Stuart

Stuart,

No disrespect but the situation is quite normal there are more trucks than loads avalible and there are more loads avalible in one direction than the other - simples !

Everyweek I earn more money in one direction than the other !

Second good luck with good payers the eternal wish !! and finally £1.40 is good if your total running costs are £1.20 pm or less I avoid discussing money it is vulgar and often the cause of much unhappiness :smiley:

stuart3730:

thankyou for your help.
regards Stuart

Seen as we get at least £1.00 per mile for a Sprinter van and £1.70 for van and trailer I would say £1.40 per mile for an artic is a touch on the low side.

£1.40 a mile, if only it was so simple. £1 a mile could be good, if you were getting £2.50 coming back ?.

This is very normal and has been going on for years. When I drove for a well respected Kent fridge haulier / forwarder :wink: , 10 years ago, their subbies were often running out to Benelux empty. In fact only very recently their website was advertising ‘empty out’ rates.

It’s not a new thing that there are no export loads

depends where your looking never had a problem in my area. this time of year major export of flowers to Holland is normal. Also again depending on time of year flower bulbs, game meat, certain vegetables and empty trays for packing.

Ben9:

stuart3730:

thankyou for your help.
regards Stuart

Seen as we get at least £1.00 per mile for a Sprinter van and £1.70 for van and trailer I would say £1.40 per mile for an artic is a touch on the low side.

TBF Ben, Sprinter work is normally “urgent”, as in ; “the line has stopped/stopping”, or, its got a very short shelf life :open_mouth: , so, your invoice will show this :smiley:

Hence, the saying we used when costing up a “little load” ; they will pay a lot for not much, but, not much for a lot : :wink: