Holidays

Hi everyone

Wondered if any one could clarify the situation regarding holidays.
I was having a ‘discussion’ with our CPC trainer (again!) about holidays.
He says that they calculate you 8 hours a day for your holidays when calculating your average times.
I was led to believe that you were calculated 8hrs for 4 days but if you had 5 days off it was 48 as it was a full week. I’m sure one of you will point me in the right direction to get the correct info.

Cheers
Dave

It’s 8 hours for each individual day or 48 hours for a complete week Monday to Sunday.

5 days holiday that crosses two weeks are counted as individual days at 8 hours per day.

Only 4 weeks of the UK statutory holidays need be calculated this way, the other 1.6 weeks can be used to reduced the average weekly working time.

Cheers Tachohraph

I knew he wasn’t right - 'cos he never is!
6hr rule, manual entries, £100 a turn on the winding handle - his incompetence knows no bounds.
I tell the lads more than he does thanks to you and the other contributors of this site explaining things properly
Thanks again

Dave

Perhaps I mis-understood it but I thought if the whole of the fixed week was holls then its 48 hours for RTD no matter how many days/hours were taken and paid for as holls but if so much as 1 minute was worked in that fixed week then it all counts as 8 hours per day for holls?