holidays

Hi, just wondering where i can get a letter of attestation? I currently use a company letter head signed by myself for any of our drivers but i would like to see a EU legit one. can anyone help?

Regards

Francis

ibson:
Hi, just wondering where i can get a letter of attestation? I currently use a company letter head signed by myself for any of our drivers but i would like to see a EU legit one. can anyone help?

Regards

Francis

Here you go.

Thank you very much; it seems a little bit more hassle than i first thought as our guys have a lot of gaps in records…

There are currently 4 of us who drive regular and i make sure all of us fill in a working time book from the RHA and we never need the letter unless we go on holiday.

There are then about 8 general employees that can drive our smallest vehicle if any of us are off and they keep no form of working directive and in the past i have just given them a signed letter head by myself with a statement on describing how they have no previous 28 days of records.

I suppose my question is, am i right in what im doing? would i be better off using the letter of attestation for these 8 drivers?

listening to one of ours in the office tonight he said as he was on holiday last week he should get a letter from the boss stating he was on holiday last week so if stopped by vosa he would be covered, ive never heard of this , i just intended to tell them i was on holiday and assumed theyd do there checks or is he right . thanks

ady1:
listening to one of ours in the office tonight he said as he was on holiday last week he should get a letter from the boss stating he was on holiday last week so if stopped by vosa he would be covered, ive never heard of this , i just intended to tell them i was on holiday and assumed theyd do there checks or is he right . thanks

should of said he wanted the letter to cover for the fact hed have no tachos for that week . thanks

ady you need this letter or the VOSA or the police
when you are stopped will take action against you
and your employer,BY the way if you go abroad
and do not have this form they will fine you and
also maybe park you up and make you take a
24hr break, so do not forget the form,

With a certain Dutch firm we used to carry a sheaf of these forms & fill them in when needed. Needless to say the cops got wise to this & used to park us up anyway. I mean some of the guys were coming back off holiday & rejoining their truck in the layby previous to the one where they were nicked… ( In Germany ):lol:

thanks pete, it just keeps amazing me how the the firms[ or is it just my firm] arnt telling us these things and the lads are finding it out second hand.

what happens if VOSA stop me…i am a casual agency driver doing a few days driving a week & sometimes I drive the bin wagons which dont have tacho’s, which means there are gaps in between my Tacho’s which i keep for the required 21 days.

Daz

you only need to show discs for the vehicles that
have a tachograph fitted and those you have driven
the agencey must supply a letter stateing that you
have not driven any vehicle which has a tachograph,
speak to them and see what theysay.

Although I’ve only been stopped by the plod/VOSA a handful of times, they’ve always screwed their noses up at the fact I only have a few tachos for the past 21 days and asked why. The simple answer is that I’m an agency driver and only work part time. Problem solved.

@ ROB K OKAY YOU HAVE UP TO NOW NO PROBLEMS
BUT IT IS"LAW"" and if they wish they can TAKE ACTION’
against you and the persons who employ you ie the agencey
plus the firm you are driveing for when stopped and caught,

brit pete:
@ ROB K OKAY YOU HAVE UP TO NOW NO PROBLEMS
BUT IT IS"LAW"" and if they wish they can TAKE ACTION’
against you and the persons who employ you ie the agencey
plus the firm you are driveing for when stopped and caught,

Pete you worry far too much about things. Chill out and have a beer on me.

Its a new one on me… Never had a letter or anything to say ive been on holiday and its never been questioned. :confused: :confused: :confused:

ROB K Try driveing over here like you say you do
they will just rub their hands with glee and you
and your wallet will feel it,sorry i thought we are
supposed to be professtionals ,

brit pete:
ROB K Try driveing over here like you say you do
they will just rub their hands with glee and you
and your wallet will feel it,sorry i thought we are
supposed to be professtionals ,

But we’re not on about driving/holidays in Germany Pete and I’d say the majority of members on here will never drive a wagon over there.

Sometimes I wonder why you moved over there as you never have anything good to say about the place or the BAG. :confused:

ROB K what is wrong in trying to act within the law
as for not going abroad this rule/law about the holiday note
is also LAW in the UK, as reagards complaining, this is the
result of haveing a varied upbringing in more countrys
and loseing perhaps some of the points that the british are
famous for,and my biggest complaint about the BAG is that
they are not as strict as the VOSA;; as regards employers,
robk i have lived here now for over 31 years so i must like
it or i would have moved by now,

I was giving an answer to Ady to tell them he does part time agency work and hence the “gaps” in his tachos. If they didn’t like it they’d have to prove otherwise and in honesty they wouldn’t be arsed with the hassle.

ROBK SORRY but THE vosa DO NOT HAVE TO PROVE IT
THE DRIVER WHO THEY ARE CHECKING MUST PROVE IT
if THEY (vosa) CAN;T BE ARSED TO CARRY THIS OUT THEN
THE DRIVER HAS NO PROBLEM as you said. in your first post,

Although Brit Pete is correct technically, in the UK it’s not normally required, so RobK is also correct.

In Europe, you need to have either tacho’s or a covering letter for any missing tacho’s for the last two weeks and this week. That includes weekends off as well.

Ady, don’t worry about it. I doubt very much if you’ll be asked for a covering letter. Just tell them you’ve been on holiday, the chances of them getting stroppy about it are pretty slim, unless you start getting stroppy with them first.