Holidays

Hi guys I think I know the answer but I’ll ask anyway.

Work have booked me a week and a half of at the end of the month and I was wondering if I can work for someone else during this time? My guess is no as holiday counts as 8 hours on the old wtd. Cheers

Thelee96:

Work have booked me a week and a half of at the end of the month and I was wondering if I can work for someone else during this time? My guess is no as holiday counts as 8 hours on the old wtd. Cheers

You can work for someone else but it may be a problem with your current company if the holiday work puts you over the 48 hour average for the reference period.

Why are you allowing your company to dictate when you can have a holiday…surely thats your choice !..your wage would only be a basic pay i suspect, and yes you can work for other companies whilst you are off…you just have to keep within the confines of the average in a 17 week period…and dont forget to download your card after each day, unless its for the same company.

truckyboy:
Why are you allowing your company to dictate when you can have a holiday…surely thats your choice

Employment law allows an employer to dictate when an employee takes holiday.

Correct

Conor:

truckyboy:
Why are you allowing your company to dictate when you can have a holiday…surely thats your choice

And cancel it at fairly short notice

Conor:

truckyboy:

Self respect allows employees to invite said employer to poke their job right up their arse. Christ alive, who actually puts up with ■■■■ like that?

^^^^^

Thelee96:

Yes you can work for someone else whilst on holiday from your job providing you’ve not signed a contract with your employer saying otherwise and also that you don’t breach any hours regulations.

Conor:

truckyboy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :grimacing: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :laughing: do they ■■■■. Lolololololololololololololololol. :smiley: you’re so funny. NOT :wink:

Les Shoes:

Conor:

truckyboy:

Self respect allows employees to invite said employer to poke their job right up their arse. Christ alive, who actually puts up with [zb] like that?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bean counters that work for employers that see them as bums on seats.

truckyboy:
Why are you allowing your company to dictate when you can have a holiday…surely thats your choice !..your wage would only be a basic pay i suspect, and yes you can work for other companies whilst you are off…you just have to keep within the confines of the average in a 17 week period…and dont forget to download your card after each day, unless its for the same company.

By law your company must pay you the average wage you’ve earnt from the previous 13 weeks.

One more thing, whilst your employer can tell you when to take leave, they ahould give you at least twice as long as the leave, in notice. So if you’re taking a week off, they should tell you at least two weeks in advance.

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- … -time-off-

If you are booked holiday and being paid to take it then take it there’s more to life than work.