Holiday..why?or joy

We have had an agency driver in this week (not having a go at agency, some can be ok) but I had a day off to take the wife for surgery.

During the day I was away, this cockwomble managed to rip the mirror backs off the truck n/s, damage the curtain and put a lovely bend in the under run bar of my regular truck (I know that all our trucks are at best sheds but this is one of the better ones) as well as leave it full of rubbish and the most annoying is it now stinks of ■■■■ and as a non smoker it drove me nuts (cue febreeze windows open and liberal use of cleaners to get rid of it) but no joy got back to the yard and gave the TM a short but colourful debrief, where he then told me said cockwomble had already had one accident this week and failed several drops… :frowning:

I wonder why I have time off sometimes as it never gets easier :unamused:

Rant over, but have to ask is this a regular occurrence and do you also regret taking days off?

Hope your wife was ok,stop being so precious about your truck (it’s not yours btw).

Par for the course mate, if i have a week off inevitably there’s always damage to attend to on return, usually caused by an anonymous one of the growing legion who don’t take a pride in their work, my first daily check sheet usually reads like a short story :unamused:

Smoking is a big no no, get caught they will be dismissed (one night bloke lost his seriously paid job), if agency driver banned instantly.

Juddian:
Par for the course mate, if i have a week off inevitably there’s always damage to attend to on return, usually caused by an anonymous one of the growing legion who don’t take a pride in their work, my first daily check sheet usually reads like a short story :unamused:

Smoking is a big no no, get caught they will be dismissed (one night bloke lost his seriously paid job), if agency driver banned instantly.

As a limper I’m under-preforming! :imp:

Do you not have a list of trained drivers for your line of work Krusty? :confused:

Evil8Beezle:

Juddian:

As a limper I’m under-preforming! :imp:

Do you not have a list of trained drivers for your line of work Krusty? :confused:

Yep, but nowt to do with me, no agency this or the last time, or the time before (edit, no that one was a limper) or the one before that either now i come to think of it.

However, as my mate who many years ago was an assessor trainer when such roles were in their infancy, one bod did an extended overtake on a two way road on a bend, the poor sap being overtaken ended up in the ditch :open_mouth:
My mate told by management to re-assess him with a view to retraining.
My mate’s answer, " what am i suppose to do with him then, practice overtaking on blind bends till we get it right" :unamused:
This is not a new problem, but the solutions didn’t work then and arn’t working any better now…here’s your P45 and cheerio tends to work better :sunglasses:
Hopefully the autonomous electronic driver will never do such things :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xichrisxi:
Hope your wife was ok,stop being so precious about your truck (it’s not yours btw).

No it isnt, but probably like most of us here, we have to spend 8, 9, 10 or more hours per day in the bloody thing as well as eat in it and some sleep in it, so as it’s his regular truck, it’s not unreasonable to expect to find it in the condition it was left in is it! :unamused: :unamused:

I feel sympathy for you, I am in the ideal situation where I keep my truck at my house, even when I am away on holiday for 2 weeks. My house is 250 miles from my terminal and it would be a pain in the ■■■■ for them to come and get the truck if they needed it. Also it has about $2000 worth of my own equipment in it and I have always told the boss when I change trucks it takes about 2 hours to switch everything over. I have only changed trucks 4 times in 10 years. I broke down last week in Albany NY. other drivers would have to take another truck for a couple of days when the truck was being fixed, I used a company car and came home for 2 days (on full pay), on previous such times they put me in a hotel, I will not get in another truck unless it is clean inside and I am keeping it.

I usually have the same motor and I try to look after it and generally keep it reasonably cleanThere are plenty of wise comments such as why are you doing that,its not yours you know and you can do mine next.Sadly some just dont get it.