holiday pay

does anyone know the law (if any )on holiday pay
im paid by the shift but if i take a holiday my shift money drops
answers on a postcard please

Four weeks paid holiday per year. (Bank holidays can be included in the four weeks)

A little complex if you are paid by the shift so I suppose you would have to work out an average.

Try looking at: http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/work_time_regs/wtr0.htm

I have the same problem, evidently i get day rate holiday pay by the looks of it. I’m not a day worker i’m a night worker ffs!!!

It seems that employers in the transport industry will and do take advantage of their workers…at my last company we were told that garage staff and drivers were only entitled to 3 weeks holiday pay (and thaty came from a.c.a.s.) for those on night shift…they are normally on day shift rates plus an enhancement for night shift…so they will only be paid the day rate…no night shift allowance or bonuses etc…dont forget we are treated as the lowest form of life…and therefore not included in any of the latest pay deals or holiday entitlements that office staff are …same as pensions really…unless you work for a low life company such as exel etc where you will be paid a low rate of pay to start with in order to pay for the perks…nuff said really…
have a nice day