Holiday pay overtime?

Do many people get paid overtime in their holiday pay?.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-29896810

We do since that ruling a couple of years ago. Makes a hell of a difference. It used to be the case that a weeks holiday would cost us a lot of money as it was just paid at 9 hours a day at basic rate. Now I think it’s based on a 12 week average so a weeks holiday pays a normal good weeks wage.

i got over 200 in backpay for this today :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

NB12:

Yes I get average pay over the last 8 or 12 or whatever it is weeks so as long as I’ve done some overtime in that period which is inevitable it will be calculated into the equation, each pay packet we get has our average hourly pay on and that is how holiday and sickness is calculated.

Dhl are settling back to January 2015 in March 2016 first pay packet. From now on they will base holiday pay on the previous 12 weeks average.

“As a token of goodwill” they will base this on all entitled holidays on your contract not just the 20 day minimum.

Yeah we get an average of the last 12 weeks at our place.

bald bloke:

NB12:

Yes I get average pay over the last 8 or 12 or whatever it is weeks so as long as I’ve done some overtime in that period which is inevitable it will be calculated into the equation, each pay packet we get has our average hourly pay on and that is how holiday and sickness is calculated.

Asda do it slightly different to most other firms. The average number of hours worked over a set period is the number of hours per day they will be payed when on holiday. Our lot calculate the average hourly rate (which was looking quite healthy on todays wage slip) but still only pay you 9 hours or 11.25 hours per day.

We get an average of the last 12 weeks,best part is as my contract is for 5 days but I work a 6th shift every other week,when they work out my 12 week average I’ve got 6 extra shifts in and my holiday pay is better than a normal week :smiley: