holiday hours

if you have a weeks holiday , mon to fri, i take it that would count as 48hr,
what would mon to fri as holiday count as if like today your called in to do sat
i.e would that be 48 hrs plus 7 hrs sat =55 hrs
or 5 days at 8hrs plus 7 hrs sat =47 hrs
ive read the bit about holidays above which says a full week counts as 48hrs or if taken as odd days counts as 8 hrs, but cant understand what it counts as if you book a weeks holiday then get called in to do a sat . thanks

If the week under the WTD is the same as the week under the tacho rules, I have no idea if it is or not, then that would be Monday - Sunday. In which case I would say you will count it as 47 hours, 8 for each of the five holiday days and 7 for Saturday. That is only my guess on the subject as I’ve given up on the WTD and tend just to ignore most of it now, so I’m not really keeping upto date on the legislation.

thanks coffee , why a holiday doesnt count as 0 i dont know :unamused:

Coffeeholic:
If the week under the WTD is the same as the week under the tacho rules, I have no idea if it is or not, then that would be Monday - Sunday. In which case I would say you will count it as 47 hours, 8 for each of the five holiday days and 7 for Saturday. That is only my guess on the subject as I’ve given up on the WTD and tend just to ignore most of it now, so I’m not really keeping upto date on the legislation.

I thought you were more professional that that coffee.

Its a pity every driver dos’nt take more notice of it.It has been put in place for road safety an to stop drivers being expoited.

Tony b

tonyb…:
I thought you were more professional that that coffee.

You thought wrong. :wink: I’ve never gone along with this ‘professional’ BS to be honest.

tonyb…:
Its a pity every driver dos’nt take more notice of it.It has been put in place for road safety an to stop drivers being expoited.

We have the tacho rules for that. The WTD doesn’t do that, it’s a waste of time and is virtually unenforceable. Given that I see very little reason to worry about it and instead I just stick with the tacho rules.