Holiday Help Please

Hello all you Euro guys.

Havent posted here for a couple of years, dont do Euro now, 3/4 weeks away was taking the mick (removals). Really enjoyed it though, had some great memorable times :smiley:

Driving down to a Gite for a week just north of Macon, Would using the peage
be any advantage considering cost,lack of traffic (as I remember it). never took much notice of the cost as I always used my Shell card.

Going from Dunkerque via…St Quenten…Reims…Troyes…Auxerre…Chalon to Tournus with N roads mirroring the motorways most of the way. I think that is the best way but I will bow to your superior knowledge.

Also I remember the best eateries were on the N roads, are the Arcitell (Wrong spelling I know) still ok

Many Thanks in advance
Pete.

Personally I wouldnt touch an autoroute at all if I were on Holiday. Just head south and take the Nationals and Departmentals.

If you see a sign for bis Lyon follow it

bis means Bison Fute. or as the buffalo roam.

Arcotel have split up a lot of the Centre Routier and privatised them. but there are lots of other small restos that are equally good or better.

David will be along to correct my spelling and put punctuation right :stuck_out_tongue:

i would run the N44 from Reims thou to St Dizier and then to Chamount to take a look at the viaduct on the way its just as quick in a truck most of the way is duel carrageway

Thanks for your help chaps, it has been duly noted.

How many hours drive do you reckon it is from Dunkerque to Tournus ?.
So I can give my Wife advance warning about some daft ‘o’ clock starts :unamused:

Thanks, Pete.

Wheel Nut:
Personally I wouldnt touch an autoroute at all if I were on Holiday. Just head south and take the Nationals and Departmentals.

If you see a sign for bis Lyon follow it

bis means Bison Fute. or as the buffalo roam.

Arcotel have split up a lot of the Centre Routier and privatised them. but there are lots of other small restos that are equally good or better.

David will be along to correct my spelling and put punctuation right :stuck_out_tongue:

Not at all :laughing: :laughing: , I wouldn’t disagree with a word of all that except perhaps the Bis bit. I’ve always been a little bit wary of trusting diversions, even official ones. :unamused: :wink:

As I remember it, the Arcotel Routiers, like most large groups, were no better than OK. Although much better than the UK equivalent, you were even. better fed in the small family run Routiers.

I don’t do much in France now, only the route from Lux to Basel. Even so, there’s an ex-Arcotel in Mulhouse and another in Strasbourg. Very little has changed from the Arcotel days. There are several small, private Routiers on that route :unamused: which I much prefer personally . :smiley: