Holiday and working week?

Hi guys,

Right, my shift pattern is Wednesday - Sunday days. My leave year runs from April to March so to use up my excess leave I have booked off Wednesday and Thursday this week, and Wed, Thurs and Fri next week.

Obviously Monday and tuesday are my normal rest days.

Can I work Monday and tuesday this week (if I wanted obv)? I have a funny memory that if you are paid on your holidays, then it counts as a day for WTD regs or something like that?

Cheers

lankyphil:
Hi guys,

Right, my shift pattern is Wednesday - Sunday days. My leave year runs from April to March so to use up my excess leave I have booked off Wednesday and Thursday this week, and Wed, Thurs and Fri next week.

Obviously Monday and tuesday are my normal rest days.

Can I work Monday and tuesday this week (if I wanted obv)? I have a funny memory that if you are paid on your holidays, then it counts as a day for WTD regs or something like that?

Cheers

You can drive on fri sat sun mon tue as the other days are hollidays/rest days for the tacho regs
You will have a full weekly rest for both weeks

Regarding the RTD - all your days will be counted as 8 hours each day for the RTD
The maximum RTD working hours for a fixed week is 60 hours

I cannot see that you will have any issues in driving on mon + tue

Cheers

Providing the EU tacho rests rules are followed and your company allows it, you can work on your holliday days

If you do then the 8 hours holliday for the RTD gets exchanged for whatever actual working hours you did that day