Holiday and credited hours

Hi Everyone

Maybe someone could please bring some clarity to holidays and credited hours.

Our company insists that when we take annual leave we are only credited for 8hours per day! Whilst I’m aware that only 8 hours is required for WTD or 48 for a week my problem is that under employment law you you should not be penalised for taking holidays. On top of this our contract states that we are employed on a 40hrs plus 8hrs overtime per week basis.

So who’s right? To me our contract implies that we should be credited for the full 12hrs per shift as we work only 4 days per week! Based on the contracted hours as set out.

If we are only credited 8hrs that means we are only actually receiving 11 days leave per year!

Please could anyone clarify this?

Geoff01977:
Hi Everyone

Maybe someone could please bring some clarity to holidays and credited hours.

Our company insists that when we take annual leave we are only credited for 8hours per day! Whilst I’m aware that only 8 hours is required for WTD or 48 for a week my problem is that under employment law you you should not be penalised for taking holidays. On top of this our contract states that we are employed on a 40hrs plus 8hrs overtime per week basis.

So who’s right? To me our contract implies that we should be credited for the full 12hrs per shift as we work only 4 days per week! Based on the contracted hours as set out.

If we are only credited 8hrs that means we are only actually receiving 11 days leave per year!

Please could anyone clarify this?

There’s a thing that will tell you what your entitled to in there …

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- … ntitlement

Thank you nick2008.

I’ve just spoken to one of the other drivers and he’s contacted HR who, it seems, are aware of the problem. They have confirmed that we should be credited with 12 hrs per day, and that our managers interpretation is, in fact, incorrect! WTD has nothing to do with annual leave and credited hours.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this strikes a chord with other drivers on the forum.

It’s going to be an interesting few weeks!! I’ll keep the forum informed.

I did do a few different ways of working it out and one way did come out at 10.5 days as you do a 4 on 4 off system we had a similar thing when I did 4 on 4 off pattern and it was due to some obscure thing that you have X amount of days off in a fixed month or something