Holed fuel tank!

Just got back from Ireland where something had been thrown up whilst driving into the underside of my large fuel tank (Merc Actros). Only noticed leak this morning at Toughers (Red House) truckstop at Naas. Wasn’t leaking too bad, however, I took it to Merc garage at Hull where they decided that tank had to be replaced but truck wouldn’t be ready til thursday morning. Phoned gaffer and told him news and he told me that he had no-one to pick me up, (this was 18.30 this evening) so he told me to get taxi and he would re-imburse me :slight_smile: Now here is the fun part, I decided (for some obscure reason) to wander off to the A63 to call a taxi on my mobile, it was just about out of charge and cut off halfway through talking to taxi firm, then I realised that although I had plenty of money in wallet only £5.00 was sterling the rest was euros :angry: So in time honoured fashion I rolled up trouser leg and hitched it! Brilliant, only took 10 mins to get lift right from Hull to my door, result :slight_smile: Then I realised I had left house keys in truck :blush: and had to wait for an hour until my wife came home. What a day :open_mouth:

So how much is the boss going to reimburse you for the taxi fare? :laughing:

penfold:
Just got back from Ireland where something had been thrown up whilst driving into the underside of my large fuel tank (Merc Actros). Only noticed leak this morning at Toughers (Red House) truckstop at Naas. Wasn’t leaking too bad, however, I took it to Merc garage at Hull where they decided that tank had to be replaced but truck wouldn’t be ready til thursday morning. Phoned gaffer and told him news and he told me that he had no-one to pick me up, (this was 18.30 this evening) so he told me to get taxi and he would re-imburse me :slight_smile: Now here is the fun part, I decided (for some obscure reason) to wander off to the A63 to call a taxi on my mobile, it was just about out of charge and cut off halfway through talking to taxi firm, then I realised that although I had plenty of money in wallet only £5.00 was sterling the rest was euros :angry: So in time honoured fashion I rolled up trouser leg and hitched it! Brilliant, only took 10 mins to get lift right from Hull to my door, result :slight_smile: Then I realised I had left house keys in truck :blush: and had to wait for an hour until my wife came home. What a day :open_mouth:

kerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrchinnnnnnng :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

penfold A little bit of the Irish has rubbed off on you… :smiley: