HMRC & Disguised Remuneration

There it is in black and white, the top man at HMRC has finally admitted that HMRC have in the past and seemingly as of now are using contingent workers and contractors who are operating under (DR) status, ie not paying the correct amount of tax / ni.
Of course HMRC SHOULD carry out due diligence compliance on ALL workers / contractors, but when it suits their agenda the rules appear to be disregarded. As for 15 cases, utter garbage, been going on for years and still is.

hmrcisshite.blogspot.com/2021/05 … ls-it.html

So Gary Lineker is now landed a near £5 million tax / ni bill, (minus tax / ni already paid) due to IR35. Be interesting to see if he can wriggle his way out of it. Sweeping legislation to trap the little men, ie Ltd truck drivers and the likes but I guess a high flying lawyer will find a full stop or comma missing in the legislation to argue at tribunal.

robbo99.:
So Gary Lineker is now landed a near £5 million tax / ni bill, (minus tax / ni already paid) due to IR35. Be interesting to see if he can wriggle his way out of it. Sweeping legislation to trap the little men, ie Ltd truck drivers and the likes but I guess a high flying lawyer will find a full stop or comma missing in the legislation to argue at tribunal.

Funny he was all for saving and having the migrants here but objecting to paying his fair share to help pay for it.

hmrcisshite.blogspot.com/2021/08 … -test.html

The incompetence of government beggars belief, by bringing in draconian IR35 reforms they have themselves fallen foul of the legislation in various governmental departments. Seems like compliance checks don’t exist in government.

The country has been scammed by shyster accountants, celebrities and hard faced migrant workers. The money lost must be staggering.

Janos:
The money lost must be staggering.

Forget fantasy football, can you imagine a world in which a smart and savvy operator could play fantasy job in which he said to the government “ don’t pay me a salary, instead pay me 2% of what I can save you anually?