Hmmmmm

If you have a bash while reversing with a banksman who is at fault. Er asking for a friend lol

The brains are (s’posed to be) at the front of the truck

Lol

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Banksman I would say.
That is their only purpose, to guide you, thus preventing you from hitting something.

If they provided and/or insisted on banksmen, and you went about it on your own, you would sure as hell have been at fault.
Or at least ‘your mate’ would be :smiley:

Haha my mate was backing under a gantry in the dark and it was snowing. When I heard I mean he heard a bang he stopped the wagon jumped out and said wtf or something to the banksman who said well it’s not my fault I can’t see both sides of the truck at the same time. Dozy ■■■■

From a company POV then they provide/insist on a banksman to prevent injury or damage, so the banksman is the fault carrier.

From an insurance POV then the driver is in control of the vehicle whilst he is in charge of it.

I always use the rule of: If in doubt - get out.

To be fair to my mate he does think it was his fault as he was behind the wheel

Did you start at HTL

Yeah sure did

mikemccord72:
Haha my mate was backing under a gantry in the dark and it was snowing. When I heard I mean he heard a bang he stopped the wagon jumped out and said wtf or something to the banksman who said well it’s not my fault I can’t see both sides of the truck at the same time. Dozy [zb]

What??
…dozy was the banksman ? :open_mouth:
nuff said.

Ha no banksman was a dozy naughty word

mikemccord72:
Yeah sure did

Saw the volvo fm the other day, must of been you then

Where were You?

The banksman, not that liability will ever be admitted.

That and the fact I can count on one finger the amount of good ones I’ve had are the reasons I ignore them.

A.

has the banksman been properly trained and signed off as a banksman…?
ive been to a couple of places were ive asked for someone to look me back and been told sorry mate ive not been trained
so have had to wait for a official banksman to come

Notimetoulouse:
has the banksman been properly trained and signed off as a banksman…?
ive been to a couple of places were ive asked for someone to look me back and been told sorry mate ive not been trained
so have had to wait for a official banksman to come

Usually followed with:

“Are you the trained banksman?”

“Yeah.” Proceeds to stand 3 feet behind the middle of the trailer, usually waving arms in an erratic fashion.

A.

Adonis.:
The banksman, not that liability will ever be admitted.

That and the fact I can count on one finger the amount of good ones I’ve had are the reasons I ignore them.

A.

There is a really good guy at viridor at Crawford. Don’t know if he’s qualified or just had a lot of practice, but he is without a doubt the best one I’ve ever come across. As has been said they normally position themselves where you can’t see them, or even worse when you get two “banksmen” both telling you to do different things :open_mouth:

At my last place, driving assessor said that it’s always the drivers responsibility even with a banksman. Only exception where the driver wouldn’t be to blame, is if the banksman watching you back was an employee of your own company. Not sure of this is how an insurance company would view it too. He was an ex UPS assessor so I guess it could have been one of their many rules he implemented when he started with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banksman. :grimacing: ENDEX :sunglasses:

It may not sound fair, but legally its the driver, the banksman is only there to advise. The driver is responsible for the vehicle and its movements.