Hmm this agency milarky

gogzy:

Scarab:
I’m in the same boat as you mate.

My two main agencies have been quite good all this year, in the past month I’ve signed up with every agency in the area, willing to do any work they offer, not had a sniff in the past 14 days!

I really don’t trust agencies enough any more and I’ve been knocking on doors trying to get in as an employed driver but nowhere is interested.

Soldier on though eh! just gotta keep trying!

Alex

ditto, except i dont wanna join another agency as my tax will go up for doing next to nothing. im gonna phone them on monday and see, i know the other agency im with im probably near the bottom because i was on a long term contract with driver hire but that ended abbruptly and i had to turn work down with the other agency because of it, kinda wish i took it now because it was class 1 work.

though im looking everyday for jobs ive only came accross one job and i applied for it straight away litteraly was the first person to phone up about it, though this was friday i sent the application form back so wont hear anything till monday at the earliest, also sent my cv to transam trucking stating im willing to travel and do anything for any available work even though they are based in the south east of england and im in the central belt of scotland.

also doing it with local hauliers, a+j nelson etc

Why would your tax go up? you only pay tax on work you are doing, so unless you are doing 2 jobs at the same time then your tax will be he same. If your not working then you aint paying tax.

Anyway wouldnt paying tax be better than not earning anything?

I dont mean to sound cruel, but it sounds to me like you dont really want to work.

Seriously get a yellow pages and keep ringing round, and if your willing to go to the south east for a job, then you have a whole country you can ring around.

I have done the agency thing and it can get you down, but you have to pester them.

You say you ring them most days, why arent you ringing them everyday, twice a day once in the morning then again about 3 or 4 pm when they are getting jobs in.

There are load of agencys around and it wont do any harm or affect your tax if you are signed on with all of them.

I can see where you are coming from on the tax thing…2nd agy will tax you at basic rate.

BUT

You don’t “actually” pay more tax cos it sorts itself out each April/May time and you get a nice tax rebate

Don’t think of it as paying more tax but as an “enforced” savings scheme :smiley:

ivor biggin:
i don’t reckon trans am will touch you as you’ve not done any euro work,agncy work will p/up as stores need stocked for xmas,then it’ll go quiet for the 1st 3 mnths of nxt year. :confused:

i know trans am probably wont touch me but theres no harm in getting in touch with them, as for not wanting to work thats not the case i want to work but because of my age it causes alot of problems, ive been offered one shift int he 2 weeks and i had to turn it down because i got phoned at 11pm to go straight to the company and do a trunk somewhere, and i had been up since 7am so really its not wise or safe for me to go and drive a truck for being up that long is it?

i havnt been out work for this long in about 2 years, always walking out of one and into another i was even offered a job with the decorating company who i was driving vans for at the time whiloe i was getting my class c and i kinda wish i took it because it was a great job, great money (for vans) and great folk i worked with but i always wanted to drive bigger and bigger.