Hitachi trains withdrawn from service

Blimey! these replacement BR class 800 Hitachi high speed trains didn’t last long before serious problems arose! All services have been withdrawn from today following hairline cracks in the suspension systems, Can you imagine the chaos this will cause, Almost nothing running on the LNER ECML & all GWR services out of Paddington cancelled :open_mouth: railnews.co.uk/news/2021/05 … drawn.html

lancpudn:
Blimey! these replacement BR class 800 Hitachi high speed trains didn’t last long before serious problems arose! All services have been withdrawn from today following hairline cracks in the suspension systems, Can you imagine the chaos this will cause, Almost nothing running on the LNER ECML & all GWR services out of Paddington cancelled :open_mouth: railnews.co.uk/news/2021/05 … drawn.html

Cracked bogies is something I’ve not heard of since the early 1980’s when many life expired class 40’s were withdrawn due to this problem, ah progress…

Chinese and Indian Steel

Huh, modern junk bring back proper engineering. :smiley: The fabulous class 43.

youtube.com/watch?v=C1ICcOu0NkM

youtube.com/watch?v=7haUvUi2nZk

youtube.com/watch?v=w5Le5-AUYgw

Very enjoyable Cav, i’ll raise you a Deltic or two, get your two stroke fix here :sunglasses:

youtube.com/watch?v=7S8WnBroF1o

Hull Trains are having a lot of bad luck, every single one of their trains broke down last year and the year before, they replaced them with these new HIFi units which have now been withdrawn from service, Mrs Cheeseman was handed a poisoned chalice when she took over from the previous director,

cav551:
Huh, modern junk bring back proper engineering. :smiley: The fabulous class 43.

youtube.com/watch?v=C1ICcOu0NkM

youtube.com/watch?v=7haUvUi2nZk

youtube.com/watch?v=w5Le5-AUYgw

Yes agreed, Scotrail had the right idea & bought over 20 sets of the HST class 43 & they’re now in Scotrail’s inter7city livery. :sunglasses: scot-rail.co.uk/page/Class+4 … y+Relivery

I’d have kept the BR class 90-91’s on passenger service too.

I’m helping out in the virtual world of Train Sim World simulator whilst those Hitachi trains are out of service :smiley: I’m driving a BR class 43 HST from Swansea to London Paddington in a Winter fog scenario :smiley: Anyone else have TSW2020 & TSW2 on their gaming PC? :sunglasses:

I passed all…

The written exams and interview stages to join the railways at the Eastleigh depot. It was during my medical exam though, I found out how terribly colour blind I am.

If had my way it would be a class 52 on everything. :smiley:

Juddian:
Very enjoyable Cav, i’ll raise you a Deltic or two, get your two stroke fix here :sunglasses:

The platform shook when they went through Grantham full tilt. Shivers down me spine.

yourhavingalarf:
I passed all…

The written exams and interview stages to join the railways at the Eastleigh depot. It was during my medical exam though, I found out how terribly colour blind I am.

If had my way it would be a class 52 on everything. :smiley:

Juddian:

The platform shook when they went through Grantham full tilt. Shivers down me spine.

Bad luck on not passing, a childhood injury to one eye took me out of the running too.
Lived in Hertfordshire as a boy and 55’s came out of the tunnel and through my local station at full pelt, wondrous.
Wifey and i went on a special excursion behind a Deltic around 10 years ago, memories of the sound just as sharp.

Turn up volume befire playing!
youtu.be/4UM6yPQ0zmU

And for those wondering what a deltic diesel is
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Deltic
And
youtu.be/D3bj47TAYiU
Cold start.
Worse than a 180 Gardner.
youtu.be/-JpQivta6MQ