Hire Vehicles

When a driver is bringing a hire vehicle to you - ie from the hire place and he is dropping it off with you - should he use a tacho or not ?

We hired a truck today, and i had to accept the driving with out card to clear the faults - when i said to the bloke - he said “narh mate we dont have too” - why ?

Jenson Button:
When a driver is bringing a hire vehicle to you - ie from the hire place and he is dropping it off with you - should he use a tacho or not ?

We hired a truck today, and i had to accept the driving with out card to clear the faults - when i said to the bloke - he said “narh mate we dont have too” - why ?

you can clear that before you put youre card in, then you’re ok. :slight_smile:

tango boy:

Jenson Button:

How ? - i thought i had got this lot sorted out - will i ever understand digi tach’s :cry:

but do you know why he would not have put a card in anyway ? he said its cause he does not have too - so why would he think that ?

Jenson Button:

tango boy:

Jenson Button:

How ? - i thought i had got this lot sorted out - will i ever understand digi tach’s :cry:

but do you know why he would not have put a card in anyway ? he said its cause he does not have too - so why would he think that ?

just press the ok button to clear it as normal before you put you’re card in. why he never had a card in i don’t know, was he employed by the hire company, or was he a work collegue? or if he was a trade plate delivery driver then you’re tacho exempt. :slight_smile:

Hi there

just press the OK button and it will clear it

I worked for an hire company, and we had to use charts or are digital card, but i thing there now been given a dispensation on using them

Not your problem if you log it in with your company card, then log it out when you de-hire it anything outside that period is down to the hirers.

Drivers delivering hire vehicles don’t have to use tachos/card.

Silver_Surfer:
Drivers delivering hire vehicles don’t have to use tachos/card.

Why ? do you know what exemption they get ?