Hire and Reward

Hi,

I know this may be a daft question, but this morning i passed my CPC Mod 2 (passed practical driving test already).

Does this mean i can now work for Hire and Reward or do i still have to complete Mod 4 before i can drive for money.

Thanks

Dan

djdan89:
Hi,

I know this may be a daft question, but this morning i passed my CPC Mod 2 (passed practical driving test already).

Does this mean i can now work for Hire and Reward or do i still have to complete Mod 4 before i can drive for money.

Thanks

Dan

Mod 4 must be passed before being allowed to legally drive LGVs commercially

yes rog said it, just brushing up on my mod 4 and thats me, i think anybody before 2009 can drive with out mod 4 but have to complete by 2014, i THINK! :laughing:

Thought as much, Thanks for replying.

I have been quoted 224 for 2 1/2 hours training and test inc lorry - would that be a good deal?

davy1111:
yes rog said it, just brushing up on my mod 4 and thats me, i think anybody before 2009 can drive with out mod 4 but have to complete by 2014, i THINK! :laughing:

What sort of things should i learn? Is all the information in CPC education book?

davy1111:

Correct :smiley:

Having any LGV category on the licence before 10/09/2009 (including any free pre 1997 LGV C1) means that 35 hours of periodic dcpc must be completed before 09/09/2014 to continue driving LGVs commercially after that date

djdan89:
What sort of things should i learn? Is all the information in CPC education book?
I have been quoted 224 for 2 1/2 hours training and test inc lorry - would that be a good deal?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=60945

Price seems about right

For others reading and needing mod 4 - try and get the mod 4 test done during your on-road practical training as that will mean only the test fee of £55 will need to be paid i the greater majority of cases

For others reading and needing mod 4 - try and get the mod 4 test done during your on-road practical training as that will mean only the test fee of £55 will need to be paid i the greater majority of cases

Oh, what a wonderful trap to fall into. Yes, of course you can do Mod 4 during your practical training. That way, you’re paying practical driver training rate for a vehicle that’s stood still all the time it’s used for training and Mod 4 test.

Sort it out fellas!! Just pay the proper rate for Mod 4 training and test and the proper rate for driver training and test and it will be a damned sight cheaper in the long run.

Pete

Peter Smythe:

Oh, what a wonderful trap to fall into. Yes, of course you can do Mod 4 during your practical training. That way, you’re paying practical driver training rate for a vehicle that’s stood still all the time it’s used for training and Mod 4 test.

Sort it out fellas!! Just pay the proper rate for Mod 4 training and test and the proper rate for driver training and test and it will be a damned sight cheaper in the long run.

Pete

EH !!

Most of the mod 4 training can easily be done during the days initial vehicle checks with a little time spent on the trolley

Taking perhaps 45 mins out of a practical training day to do the mod 4 test works out very well for many providers and trainees both practicality and financially

Most of the mod 4 training can easily be done during the days initial vehicle checks with a little time spent on the trolley

NONSENSE!!

As always, it depends what the customer is prepared to settle for. But the statement above is 100% wrong and shows a lack of working knowledge of teaching the Mod 4.

To attempt Mod 4 training that will actually consistently produce 100% pass rate takes IRO 2.0hrs. Yes, it can be quicker. But surely it’s better to spend a little longer getting it right. So we allow IRO 3 hours to make sure.

We do, very occasionally, get a fail on Mod 4. But we work hard to make sure people understand what it’s all about.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I seem to remember posts on here where trainess had 1 hours worth of training and then passed the mod 4 test with 100% - yes?

There’s also tales of those who have passed CAT C after a day’s training. Doesn’t make it normal. Or right. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that this is about training people for industry - not just passing a test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just spoken to a reputable LGV training provider near to me and it does seem as though those who did about 1 hour of training and then test for mod 4 with a first time pass are in a minority

When the above provider does mod 4 within the practical on-road training they add a day onto that training to accomodate it

Just spoken to a reputable LGV training provider near to me and it does seem as though those who did about 1 hour of training and then test for mod 4 with a first time pass are in a minority

When the above provider does mod 4 within the practical on-road training they add a day onto that training to accomodate it

Isn’t that what I said? Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Isn’t that what I said? Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It was and I am now realising that those that posted on here saying that they did a little training and passed were in a minority

I forgive you Rog! :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I forgive you Rog! :laughing: :laughing:

I will sleep better now :smiley: :laughing:

Yes, it’s time for your afternoon nap. Nurse!! :laughing: :laughing:

djdan89:
Thought as much, Thanks for replying.

my trainer threw the day in free with my training for the practical.

Glad you kissed and made up :slight_smile:

For the record, I did my Mod4 2 years ago and it took a good 1.5 to 2 hrs and I came out with 100%.

To demonstrate load restraint and all the walk round checks and pre run checks takes a while.

Maybe it’s just the fact I was 34 and it took longer to sink in. But I was grateful for a good quality trainer who showed me the proper way to do things.

After all it’s something that you’ll be doing in the real world, so you may as well be shown the right way :wink: