Hints tips and advice

hi having recently passed my class 2 I have been looking for work .(I presently have a job on vans & 7.5t zero hrs contract) so have been doing the usual posting c.v s mail and online and turning up on door steps, kept getting the 2yrs experience or “if you had your class 1 ■■” . so on Thursday I took the day off and went to Carlisle and visited all the agencies I could find listed on the tinterweb . anyway got a call back from one of them yesterday , was I interested in weeks work for a steel stockholder? . I have used a flat and carried alloy beams/collapsible structures (I realise theres a world of difference) , so after a little thought I accepted but explained my reservations. the guy said he would explain the situation and get back to me . anyway he rings me back and says no problem get there early and someone will show you how to use a chain. so on Monday morning I am jumping in at the deep end without a rubber ring. soooo any hints tips or advice anyone can offer will be gratefully accepted . thanks in advance

Just the usual really. Stay calm, don’t stress and just take as much time as you need. Check, double check and check again as far as load security is concerned.
Good luck, hope it works out for you.

thanks for the reply dreamingofoz ,had my first day as a hgv driver today and I thoroughly enjoyed it :smiley: . all the lads at the depot were very helpful and answered my queries readily . a couple of them met me in the yard on my return and told me well done , most new starters apparently bring some stuff back and return late (I think they were looking forward to a bit of ribbing). I have been up and down some very narrow farm tracks that to be honest I wasn’t sure about but I managed , looking forward to tomorrow and its a while since I felt like that about work .